Krimml - Passau
Tauern bike path, sporty
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
Arrival to Krimml
In Krimml you find the largest European waterfall. On a well-designed trail you can admire this natural spectacle. Your bikes will be available at the booked accommodation.
Your route runs through the High Tauern National Park and the Oberpinzgau. Although snow covered mountains will constantly accompany you. Lush green meadows alternate with lovely small villages and offer a fabulous scenery. In Kaprun you have the possibility to view the Alpine reservoirs and you should also take a refreshing bath in Zeller lake. The sporty bikers can make a detour. You cycle via “Maria Alm”, with its famous pilgrimage church, to today´s destination Saalfelden.
Today you cycle through the Saalach valley. Highlights on your way to Lofer are the Seisenbergklamm and Lamprechtshöhe near Weißbach. Bad Reichenhall, in the “small German corner”, enchants you with Bavarian flair. After a short distance you have reached Salzburg, the city of Mozart. The cultural offer will embrace you. Here you should schedule plenty of time for a walk through the historic center or a visit of Mozart´s birthplace.
You leave Salzburg and its Alps and cycle through the Alpine foothills. The Tauern bike path ends in Tittmoning and from here you have to follow the nature trail along the Lower Inn before you reach Burghausen. Outstanding features or this town are the magnificent old town and the largest castle complex of Central Europe. The route leads you along the river Inn up to Braunau. There you cross the Inn river and have reached your today´s destination of Simbach.
On your way you see numerous bird colonies. You can cover the remaining way on the Bavarian or Austrian side. Obernberg has a well-known market square with many baroque buildings and is perfectly suited for lunch break. Soon you reach the abbey „Stift Reichersberg“, which is worth a visit. On your route alongside the river Inn you cycle through small towns like Schärding. Not far and you have reached the final destination of this beautiful bike trip: Passau. The city of three rivers has a lot to offer, for example the world´s largest organ in the cathedral. A river-cruise would certainly be the ultimate finish of this wonderful bike ride.
Departure or extension
In Passau there is a lot to discover. If you are interested in we would be pleased to book some extra nights for you.
The Tauern bike path is continuously and detailed signposted. The route leads through quiet and paved paths and country roads. Partly you will have to cycle on more travelled routes. A few short stages you have to manage on unpaved paths. The quality of the trail can be described broadly as very good. An ascending slope is hardly present in this variant.
| Season 1 |
29.04.2023 - 04.05.2023
01.10.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
05.05.2023 - 31.05.2023
11.09.2023 - 30.09.2023
| Season 3 |
01.06.2023 - 10.09.2023
|Tauern bike path, Krimml-Passau, 6 days, sporty, arrival to Krimml, AT-TARKS-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||179.00||179.00||179.00|
Category: Carefully chosen guest houses, inns, and hotels ***/****
| Season 1 |
Apr 29, 2023 - May 4, 2023
Oct 1, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 5, 2023 - May 31, 2023
Sep 11, 2023 - Sep 30, 2023
| Season 3 |
Jun 1, 2023 - Sep 10, 2023
|Double room p. p.||89.00||89.00||89.00|
|Double room p. p.||85.00||85.00||85.00|
|Double room p. p.||69.00||69.00||69.00|
- Accommodation in mentioned category
- Daily breakfast from buffet
- If half-board: 5 x 3-course-menu (partly with voucher in a close-by restaurant in walking distance)
- Luggage transport between the hotels (no limit in pieces of luggage; each piece with a maximum of 20 kg)
- Service hotline
- Well elaborated route guidance
- Detailed travel documents (1 package per room) incl. GPS data
- Entrance Krimml Waterfalls
- If bike rental: rental bike insurance included
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Krimml train station
- Salzburg, Innsbruck or Munich airport
- Public car park (unguarded) close to the hotels in Krimml costs € 5 per day, payable on spot, no reservation possible/necessary.
- Daily return transfer by minibus from Passau main station to Krimml, departure at 2 pm. Costs: € 89 per person incl. your bike. Reservation is required upon booking.
Extra tours are available upon request from 6 persons.
- Tip: Transfer can also be booked at the beginnning of the tour (in Passau there are public parking spaces available for approx. € 5,- per day).
Furthermore getting on the bus in Schärding (2.30 pm) or in Salzburg (4 pm) is possible.
- Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.