Lahn bike path
Lahn Cycle Path - classic
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Marburg
Visit the historic old town and Elisabeth church. Your rental bicycle is ready for you at the hotel.
You cycle in wide Lahn valley past idyllic little bathing ponds to Wetzlar. Explore the old town and interesting dome.
Cross the stony bridge to leave Wetzlar and soon you reach the old mine Fortuna (+8 km), Germany’s only iron-ore show mine, operating the original underground machinery. Take in the beautiful surroundings to Weilburg, where the renaissance castle stands in solitary splendour on a high rock above river Lahn.
Wedged in between the heights of Taunis and Westerwald the river winds its way. You cycle on the asphalted Lein path via Aumenau and Runkel to Limburg with famous dome.
Today you cross the unspoilt valley from Diez to Balduinstein, one of the most scenic parts of the tour. Two climbs can be avoided by using the train (11 km). Have a break at monastery Arnstein, at fortress Nassau or in historic Inn on Lahn before you reach Bad Ems.
After 12 km Rhine-valley opens up before your eyes. Here you crown your tour by an excursion (+31 km) via Boppard and St. Goar to Loreley. Return by boat to wine-growing town Braubach or Coblenz.
Easy to medium, easy cycling, some short distances to push the bike.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- Boat ride St. Goar – Braubach/Coblenz incl. your
- Service hotline
Arrival / parking / departure
- Marburg train station
- Category A: Public multi storey car park close to the hotel, price upon request, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Category B: Car park close to the hotel cost € 3 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Return transfer by minibus to Marburg daily, departure at 9 am, this costs € 50 per person incl. your bike, to be paid in advance, a reservation is necessary
- Good train connections from Braubach/Coblenz to Marburg