Bruges - Amsterdam, MS Fluvius
From Belgium to Holland by bike & boat.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
Arrival in Bruges
Individual arrival in Bruges. Embarkation from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. The beautiful city of Bruges is often referred to as the most beautiful Flemish city. Its medieval old town was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000. After the welcome, you can already do a short test ride around Bruges by bike. After dinner, discover the main market square and town hall on your own, or join your guide for a short walking tour of the city after dinner.
Today your first bike tour to Ghent through the flat land of West-Flanders will start. Your destination today is the historical centre of Ghent. Enjoy the beautiful parts of Ghent during an afternoon stroll. The barge is docked at a lock in Merelbeke, in a suburb of Thent and approx. 30 cycling minutes from the city centre.
Your bike tour leads along one of the most beautiful parts of the Schelde, a tidal river, today. You will follow it downstream. In Dendermonde it is worth visiting the St. Alexius Beguinage (1288). The departure time will be set by the skipper and is depending on high or low tide as the tide has effect on the speed of the barge. If necessary, shipping to St. Amands and overnight stay in St. Amands.
You cycle along the Scheldt downstream past small ferry ports and nice tourist restaurants to Temse and then on to Antwerp. Look forward to the diamond city, also known as the birthplace of the famous painter Peter Paul Rubens. In this fascinating city you can discover countless sights, including the town hall, one of the many magnificent buildings from the Renaissance, the historic large market square "Grote Markt", the Cathedral of Our Lady and the medieval Steen Castle. Tonight's dinner is not included in the price. Take the opportunity and taste the famous Belgian cuisine in one of the great restaurants. The crew will be happy to provide you with restaurant tips.
The barge will sail over the Schelde-Rhine Canal, over the huge Kreekrak locks. Here your bicyle tour starts through the beautiful “Wouwse Plantage” forest to Tholen, a former fishing village amidst the large streams of the province of Zeeland. From Tholen you will join the ship again for a nice afternoon sail to the beautiful city Dordrecht, one of the oldest towns in Holland. Halfway the ship passes the impressive Volkerak lock system.
A fast ferry will bring you to Alblasserdam. From here you will cycle to Kinderdijk, famous for its impressive row of 19 UNESCO cultural heritage-listed windmills. You will continue via Schoonhoven to Vianen, a small fortified town on the river Lek.
During breakfast boat trip to Breukelen, the starting point of your last bike tour. Cycle along the beautiful river Vecht, past mansions and small castles to Nigtevecht, where you can visit a traditional cheese farm. Via Muiden you continue to Amsterdam, where you meet the ship again and spend the last night in the port of Amsterdam.
End of your tour: Disemarkation after breakfast until 09:30 a.m.
Holland and Belgium are flat and the quality of the cycle paths is excellent - this trip is therefore well suited for cyclists with a basic level of fitness.
| Season 1 |
16.04.2023 | 24.09.2023 |
| Season 2 |
23.04.2023 - 17.09.2023
|Bike & Boat, MS Fluvius, Bruges-Amsterddam - upper deck, 8 days, BE-NLSBF-08|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge cabin with double bed||200.00||200.00|
|Bike & Boat, MS Fluvius, Bruges-Amsterdam - main deck, 8 days, BE-NLSBF-08|
|Base price|| |
|Discount 2-bed-cabin small||-50.00||-50.00|
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||50%||50%|
- 7 nights tour and accommodation on board of MS Fluvius in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- Welcome drink
- Full board (7 x breakfast, 6 x picnic lunch during bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon till 4 pm, 6 x 3 course dinner)
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Use of linen and towels
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- GPS tracks
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Maps and route description for daily bike tours (deposited on board, 1 x per cabin)
Arrival and departure, parking fees, transfers, bicycle rental, helmet rental, entrance and sightseeing fees, as well as excursions, city maps, ferry fees, travel insurance, tips, drinks, 1 x dinner and personal expenses.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Central railway station Amsterdam near landing stage.
- Guarded parking areas at the main station (Stationsplein), approx. € 5 – 7,- per day. No reservation possible. Transfer by taxi from Stationsplein to ship berth approx. € 15 - 25,-.
- Return transfer by train from Amsterdam to Bruges approx. € 40,- per person.
- Participants: At least 24 people up to 21 days before departure
- We reserve the right to make changes to the timetable and program. If, for example, a route cannot be navigated due to low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a free reason for cancellation). The same applies to lock and/or bridge repairs ordered by the authorities and not announced in advance.
- Please bear in mind that your river boat is your "holiday hotel" but also work equipment that moves with engine power and has to be operated constantly, even at night (sometimes with locks and bridges). We recommend that guests who are particularly sensitive to noise bring earplugs. The lock passages are associated with disruptions and unfortunately cannot be changed.
- Travel documents: EU nationals require a valid identity card or passport for this trip.
- Dietary food (e.g. lactose-free and gluten-free food) possible on request and at extra charge. Must be ordered at least 14 days before departure. Please bring special diet products with you if necessary.
- Bringing your own bike: Due to the limited space available on the sun deck, bringing your own bike is only possible on request and only to a limited extent.
This tour has 1 more variation
With MS Fluvius through the most beautiful cities of Holland and Flanders. You can expect a cosy, family atmosphere, good facilities and a friendly ship crew who will lovingly look after you. Look forward to adventurous bike tours, international guests and a beautiful ship.