St-Moritz - Innsbruck
The breath-taking Cycle Path on River Inn.
Arrival in St. Moritz
You can either come to St. Moritz directly or drive to Innsbruck and take the bus to St. Moritz.
Enjoy the fascinating surrounding of St. Moritz. Undertake a lake-bike-tour in the direction of the Inn source.
Today you will cycle via Samedan (Old Tower), La Punt (San Andrea Early Gothic church with frescos) and Zuoz (window paintings in the church San Luzi) to Zernez. You will ride your bike through the valley of Upper Engadin. Zernez is the gateway to the national park (national park house).
First, you will cycle to Lavin, which still looks like an old mountain village. The place name of the pretty village Guarda (“Look!“) derives from the splendid views which can be enjoyed here. Today’s destination is Scuol, with the adventure water park “Bogn Engiadina” and the castle Tarasp, which is the majestic symbol of Engadin.
From Scoul you will cycle via Martina until you reach the boarder and from there you will continue via Pfunds and Tösens to Ried/Prutz. Following the river Inn, you will get to the famous gorge Finstermünster Schlucht. The town centres of Stuben and Pfunds in Tyrol are noteworthy.
On the sixth day you will ride your bike through the “Oberes Gericht“ from Ried via Prutz down to Landeck (castle with museum, ruin Schrofenstein, Gerberbrücke, showplace of the Tyrolean fights for freedom). Then you will cycle past the monastery Zams and through the protected Mils Au (floodplain) to Imst (city of fountains, numerous churches and chapels). The gorge Rosengartenschlucht is worth a visit.
Kleine gepflegte Dörfer liegen am Innradweg. Kultureller Höhepunkt der heutigen Strecke ist das Zisterzienserstift Stams (Stiftskirche mit Rosengitter). Zahlreiche Kirchlein und Ruinen wachen auf den Höhen über dem Inntal. Die Martinswand geleitet die Radler hinein nach Innsbruck mit seiner gepflegten Altstadt (Goldenes Dachl, Stadtturm, Hofburg, Hofgarten, Helbinghaus).
Departure or extension
You will cycle on many bike paths and on some forest and gravel roads which are in good condition. The route is slightly hilly and you will cycle up two to three moderate climbs and down many smooth descents.
| Season 1 |
05.05.2023 - 18.05.2023
15.09.2023 - 23.09.2023
| Season 2 |
19.05.2023 - 15.06.2023
01.09.2023 - 14.09.2023
| Season 3 |
16.06.2023 - 31.08.2023
|St. Moritz - Innsbruck, 8 days, CH-INRSI-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||369.00||369.00||369.00|
Category: 3*** hotels, Innsbruck and St. Moritz 4**** hotels
| Season 1 |
May 5, 2023 - May 18, 2023
Sep 15, 2023 - Sep 23, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 19, 2023 - Jun 15, 2023
Sep 1, 2023 - Sep 14, 2023
| Season 3 |
Jun 16, 2023 - Aug 31, 2023
|Double room p. P.||125.00||125.00||125.00|
|Double room p. P.||79.00||79.00||79.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room
- Navigation-app and GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- St. Moritz central train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Parking in St. Moritz: multi-storey car park CHF 20,00 per day, public parking CHF 85,00 per week, to be paid at the time, no resevation necessary
- Parking in Innsbruck: multi-storey car park approx. € 17,00 per day, to be paid at the time, no reservation necessary
- Transfer every Friday from Innsbruck to St.Moritz, Price: € 125,00 per person, extra € 29,00 for the transfer of your own bike, reservation necessary, to be paid in advance
- Return journey with public requires you to change trains/buses 2-4 times
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.