St-Moritz - Innsbruck
The breath-taking Cycle Path on River Inn.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in St. Moritz
You can either come to St. Moritz directly or drive to Innsbruck and take the bus to St. Moritz.
Today you will cycle via Samedan (Old Tower), La Punt (San Andrea Early Gothic church with frescos) and Zuoz (window paintings in the church San Luzi) to Zernez. You will ride your bike through the valley of Upper Engadin. Zernez is the gateway to the national park (national park house).
From Scoul you will cycle via Martina until you reach the boarder and from there you will continue via Pfunds and Tösens to Ried/Prutz. Following the river Inn, you will get to the famous gorge Finstermünster Schlucht. The town centres of Stuben and Pfunds in Tyrol are noteworthy.
On the sixth day you will ride your bike through the “Oberes Gericht“ from Ried via Prutz down to Landeck (castle with museum, ruin Schrofenstein, Gerberbrücke, showplace of the Tyrolean fights for freedom). Then you will cycle past the monastery Zams and through the protected Mils Au (floodplain) to Imst (city of fountains, numerous churches and chapels). The gorge Rosengartenschlucht is worth a visit.
Small villages are located on the Inn cycle path. The cultural highlight of today’s route is the Cistercian monastery of Stams (collegiate church with rose grids). Numerous churches and ruins are located above the Inn valley. Cycling along the Martinswand (mountain face) you will get to Innsbruck with its well-kept old town (Golden Roof, City Tower, Imperial Palace, Hofgarten Park, Heblinghaus).
You will cycle on many bike paths and on some forest and gravel roads which are in good condition. The route is slightly hilly and you will cycle up two to three moderate climbs and down many smooth descents.
Category: 3*** hotels, Innsbruck and St. Moritz 4**** hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- If half board is booked: every day a 3-course meal
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- St. Moritz central train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Parking in St. Moritz: multi-storey car park CHF 20 per night, free public parking available near the hotel.
- Parking in Innsbruck: multi-storey car park approx. € 55 per week, to be paid at the time, no reservation necessary
- Transfer every Friday from Innsbruck to St. incl. your bike, reservation necessary
- Return journey with public requires you to change trains/buses 2-4 times
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!