Arrival at Lake Chiemsee
In the evening welcome briefing and rental bike fitting. We recommend a first stroll along the lake.
The Chiemsee circular path is beautifully designed. It leads you to secluded swimming bays as well as to densely populated lakeside resorts. Whilst cycling comfortably along the lakeside, marvel at the stunning views onto the lake. For extensive breaks along the way you come acorss many shady beergardens along the lakeside. You also have the option of shortening part of the daily tours by a special bike-bus (optional).
There are countless possibilities to spend an enjoyable day at the ‚Bavarian Sea’. For example take a boat ride to the islands ‚Herrenchiemsee’ (King Ludwig palace) and ‚Frauenchiemsee’. Naturally there are numerous bathing spots for a relaxing day on the lakeside.
Gradually the mountains become higher and higher. The terrain of the cycling route however stays nearly flat. Through the ‚Bergener moor’ at the foot of the Chiemgauer local mountain, called ‚Hochfelln’ (1674m), the path leads you via Bad Adelholzen with its mineral spring to Siegsdorf. From there along the river red Traun onwards into the idyllic Inzell. Special artwork, called ‚Lüftlmalerei’ on the flower-embellished houses are typical for this climatic health-resort.
The route of the German Alpine road snakes tightly between mountains via Schneitzlreuth along the river Saalach to Bad Reichenhall. Since 1890 Bad Reichenhall is an approved health resort and ‚spa town’. The saline Bad Reichenhall markets its branded salt as ‚Reichenhaller Markensalz’ in all of Germany and beyond. Opportunity for a ‚wellness day’ or for a ride up to the 1600m high ‚Predigtstuhl’ with the world’s oldest and legendary cable car.
Short tour to Berchtesgaden. Opporturnity for a visit to the salt mine Obersalzberg as well as the Kehlstein house. Alternatively cycle a few more kilometres to Lake Königssee with the option of a boat ride on this well-known lake and a visit of the monastery Bartholomä, situated at the foot of the phenomenal Watzmann massif.
Overall an easy tour with short daily stages and only a few ascents. The terrain is only in parts slighly hilly. Tremendous route on cycle and rural paths as well as side roads. Only very short sections on roads with moderate traffic.
Category: 3*** Hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Boat ride on lake Chiemsee to the two islands Herren- and Fraueninsel excl. your bike
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus every Saturday morning, costs € 75 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bernau, Prien or Übersee train station
- Munich or Salzburg airport
- Car park costs € 20 to € 55 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!