The oldest nature reserve in Bavaria, the Eggstätter Seenplatte, encompasses 17 lakes and is full of picturesque places. You will cycle on a relaxing tour through forests, fragrant meadows, and past pretty farms to Höslwang, with a magnificent panoramic view of the Upper Bavarian Alps. If you want, you can extend this tour by 20 kilometres and cycle to Amerang, where you will find the well-known German Car Museum and the Historical Farmhouse Museum. Via Eggstätt and Breitbrunn, you will get back to Prien or Pelham.
Today, you will discover the beauty of Lake Chiemsee and the pretty places along the way. You will be enchanted by the unique nature and visit major attractions, such as the Roman Museum in Seebruck, or the Horse Museum in Arlaching. You will also have ample opportunities to swim and cool off in the refreshing waters of Lake Chiemsee.
Take the boat from Prien to the island “Herreninsel” where you can visit the famous castle Herrenchiemsee built under King Ludwig II. On your way back, you will stop at the island Fraueninsel, where you will find a well-known abbey (the oldest still-existing German-speaking female convent on the northern side of the Alps). Explore the beautiful gardens, the island potteries, the fish smoke-houses, and the romantic outdoor restaurant areas at the lake. Guests of the hotel Seeblick cycle for the journey by boat to Prien and back (approx. 20 km).
First you will take the bus or the train (not included) from Prien to Übersee. Then you will cycle via the climatic health resort Grassau and along the Achental bike path via Unterwössen to Schleching. You will ride your bicycle past colourful meadows, surrounded by spectacular mountains. On routes along the tranquil river Tiroler Ache, you will cycle via Marquartstein back to Grassau. Quiet, shady paths will lead you through the Rottauer Filze (moorland) to Bernau and along Lake Chiemsee to Prien.
First you cycle via Bad Endorf to Lake Simsee with its beautiful, partially unspoilt reeds and riparian zone. The cycle paths continues along the lake through protected nature and landscape. After a few kilometres you reach at river Inn, which leads you to the center of Rosenheim with its historic downtown, many beer gardens and ornate facades. Return by train on your own.
The day starts with an atmospheric boat trip on lake Chiemsee from Prien to Seebruck (clients of Hotel Seeblick cycle to Seebruck). Back on land, you will cycle via Truchtlaching an der Alz to the monastery Seeon with its famous buildings and the romantic lake. In the pretty town Gstadt, you will again see the magical blue of Lake Chiemsee and cycle via Breitbrunn and Rimsting back to your hotel.
You will ride your bicycle over the romantic hills of Chiemgau to Aschau, where famous artists and actors have settled. The castle Hohenauschau towers over the small town and it is not far to the valley station of the cable car up to Kampenwand (Operating hours 9am - 6pm, the gondolas run every 30 seconds, not included in the tour package price). After a short visit to the waterfall Hammersbach, you will cycle via Bernau and on flat paths back to Prien.
The route is mostly easy to ride, with a few hilly sections. Longer distances will be cycled on nature trails, which are in good condition. You will find yourself mainly on cycle paths, country lanes, and side roads. Only some short sections have to be cycled on roads with more traffic.
Hotels: Garden Hotel Reinhart 4**** in Prien or Hotel Seeblick 3*** in Pelham am See
- Accommodation in your selected hotel and category
- Breakfast buffet
- Personal tour briefing (German, English)
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Boat ride on Lake Chiemsee to the Islands Herren- and Fraueninsel excl. bike
- Boat ride on Lake Chiemsee Prien – Seebruck incl. bike (only at Hotel Reinhart)
- Use of the pool area (For a fee: solarium and “Beauty-Farm”) in Hotel Reinhart
- Use of sauna and steam bath in Hotel Seeblick
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Prien train station
- Munich or Salzburg airport
- Hotel Seeblick: we recommend to arrive by car, because the next place is approx. 4 km away from the hotel.
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for train journey to Prien – Übersee approx. € 6/person incl. bike (at Hotel Reinhart)
- Bike ticket for train journey to Rosenheim – Prien approx. € 10/person incl. bike (at Hotel Seeblick)