Bolzano - Venice
From the mountains to the sea.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Bolzano
Welcome briefing and bike fitting.
You will pedal along beautiful cycle paths beside the river Adige, partly through orchards, to Salorno where the German speaking Tyrol ends. The pathways along a dam lead right to Trento (picturesque old town).
First, you will continue to cycle along the Adige, through Rovereto and on to Mori from where the tour leads westwards towards Lake Garda. After a short ascent, you will descend down to the lake to Torbole and further on to Riva. From here, a boat trip will then take you down the entire length of the lake.
Partly flat, partly slightly hilly, the route will take you through the vineyards on to Verona, a town full of sights (the Festival Arena, Juliet’s house, the old town walls).
Today’s route is initially flat and then you will cycle through the Monti Berici hills to the excursion area of Vicenza, with a beautiful view over the city. To make this longer stage a bit shorter, you can also travel the first part by train to San Bonifacio. In the old town of Vicenza you can feel the spirit of Palladio, the famous architect from the Middle Ages.
On leaving Vicenza, you will see numerous Venetian villas, such as the Villa Rotonda. The route along the river Bacchiglione leads to Abano Terme, one of the famous Italian spa towns. From Abano Terme, you can easily travel by bus to Padua, the city of St Anthony and the scholars. There you will have enough time to enjoy the thermal baths. If you are culturally-minded, you can enjoy Padua overnight for an additional charge!
With a light wind behind you most of the time, it’s an easy ride towards the sea. The landscape is full ofmeadows and fields. This stagewill takeyou tothe mainland beforeVenice,with its excellent bus serviceinto the city of lagoons. At the end of your tour, not far from Marcus square, you can look forward to a little Grappa tasting session!
The tour can also be combined with the Adige cycle path, as well as the “Venice to Florence” tour.
The terrain is flat to slightly hilly. The only strenuous stretch is through the Monti Berici hills. The first two stages are mainly cycle paths and to the south and east of Lake Garda mostly service and side roads. Due to a lack of cycle paths along some sections, cycling on roads with moderate traffic is unfortunately unavoidable. Nearly all roads are asphalted.
Category A: 3***and 4****hotels
Category B: 3*** hotels, 1 x 4****hotel atthe outskirtsof the city
- Overnight stays in the selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Personal tour information
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat trip on Lake Garda incl. bike
- 1 pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- 1 little Grappa tasting session in Venice
- GPS tracks available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Bolzano train station
- Nearest airports: Verona (Valerio Catullo Airport) or Venice (Marco Polo Airport)
- Parking spaces / hotel garage for approx. € 70,- per week in category A approx. € 50,- per week in category B, payable at the hotel, no reservations taken, free, unattended car parks outside the city centre
- Return transfer by minibus to Bolzano every Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, € 69,- per person incl. bike, reservation required
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price!