Trier - Coblenz, Deluxe
Moselle & Rhine cycle path
Trier is regarded as the oldest city of Germany. Numerous Roman monuments are omnipresent. Your rental bikes are already stored in the hotel.
Before you start along the Moselle you should schedule some time to visit the well-known amphitheater as well as the Porta Nigra. An educational trail along your route reports on domestic grape variety. Close to Piesport you will pass Neumagen-Dhron which is Germany´s oldest wine village. Taste a glass of wine in Piesport - for sure this could be a nice finish of this beautiful cycle day!
Soon you will reach Bernkastel-Kues where many alleys and colorful half-timbered houses will impress. In any case you should taste the well-known “Bernkastler Doctor” (local produced wine). On your further way you will pass the wine growing district named “Kröver Nacktarsch”. A boat ride might offer beautiful views on the surrounding vineyards (not included). You have reached your today´s destination with Traben-Trarbach. The city offers many architectural masterpieces of art nouveau and Belle Epoch.
Also today the vineyards will escort your way. Enkirch is a trinket of half-timbered houses and ideally suitable for a brake. Always following the river Moselle you will pass another famous wine growing district which is called “Zeller Schwarze Katz”. Cycling over Beilstein, widely known as „Rothenburg on the Moselle River”, you will soon roll into Cochem. The charming center and the castle from the 11th century are just some highlights. Take enough time for a visit.
After a short distance you should make a side trip to the medieval castle „Burg Eltz“, which counts among the most beautiful and best preserved castles of Germany. Located in the heart of nature it offers magnificent views. Back to the Moselle bike path you pass numerous charming wine villages, before you reach your final destination Koblenz. The center is situated at the confluence of the Moselle River and the Rhine River and is extremely well-suited for a stroll.
After breakfast you start with a boat ride along the river Rhine as far as St. Goar. You should take time and visit the mystic “Loreley”. Passing Boppard and Lahnstein the Rhine bike path escorts you back to Koblenz where you will have another night.
In Coblenz there is much to discover. If you are interested in we would be pleased to book some extra nights for you. Our transfer from Koblenz to Trier is very comfortable (possible daily with departure 9 am directly from the hotel, reservation required at time of booking).
The Moselle and Rhine bike paths mostly run on paved roads and bike trails and they are continuously and well signposted. There are only less short sections with more traffic. Altogether a very easy bike tour which is ideally suitable for families with children and doesn´t require more than basic fitness.
| Season 1 |
08.04.2023 - 21.04.2023
14.10.2023 - 21.10.2023
| Season 2 |
22.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
17.06.2023 - 18.08.2023
30.09.2023 - 13.10.2023
| Season 3 |
13.05.2023 - 16.06.2023
19.08.2023 - 29.09.2023
|Moselle-Rhine bike path, Trier-Coblenz, 7days, cat deluxe, DE-MORTK-07D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||469.00||469.00||469.00|
|Moselle bike path, Trier-Coblenz, 7days, DE-MORTK-07X-EIJA|
Category: Accommodation in very exclusive hotels, often the best hotel on place. Examples with hotel description mentioned below.
Optional Upgrade: 5*Hotel Fährhaus am Stausee Coblenz (Hotel description see below)
Surchage per person and per night:
from € 79,- in double room
from € 159,- in single room
from € 29,- half-board
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Daily breakfast from buffet
- If half-board booked: 6 x 3-course-menu (partly with voucher in a close-by restaurant in walking distance)
- Luggage transport between the hotels (no limit in pieces of luggage; each piece with a maximum of 20 kg)
- 7-day service hotline
- Well elaborated route guidance
- Detailed travel documents (1 package per room) incl. GPS data
- Wine tasting in Traben-Trarbach incl. 6 samples
- Entrance ticket Kaiserthermen Trier
- Boat ticket from Koblenz to St. Goarshausen including bike
- Personal welcome briefing and bike fitting
- If bike rental: rental bike insurance included
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by car or train to Trier.
Next Airports: Frankfurt-Hahn or Frankfurt-Main.
- Parking: Public garage directly below the start hotel. Price: € 20,- per day, no reservation possible, depending on availability at time of arrival, to be paid on spot in cash.
- Transfer by bus from Koblenz to Trier: daily, departure at 9:00 a.m.; reservation required at time of application; price: € 75,- per person, extra € 29,- for the transfer of your own bike.
- Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.
- Trier: Hotel Park Plaza
- Mülheim: Weinromantikhotel Richtershof or Hotel Weisser Bär
- Traben-Trarbach: Romantik Jugendstilhotel Bellevue
or Hotel Goldene Traube - by Neugart
- Cochem: Hotel Kessler-Meyer
or Treis-Karden: Schloss-Hotel Petry
- Koblenz: MERCURE Hotel Koblenz or DIEHLs Hotel
or optional upgrade to FÄHRHAUS Hotel