Your holiday starts with a tour information meeting and bike fitting. Afterwards, you will have enough time for an evening stroll through the pretty old town of Neustadt.
Today, you will cycle on pleasant ways from the vineyards, through the Rhine valley, to the cathedral city of Speyer with its medieval city centre. Then, you will follow the river Rhine to Germersheim, where you can visit a fortress from the 19th century.
Enjoy the nature along the ancient Rhine channels and follow them until you reach Schwetzingen, where you can marvel at the royal palace and the beautiful park. The tour will continue through the Rhine valley to Heidelberg, home of Germany’s oldest university. Visit the famous castle and the unique old town directly on the river Neckar.
Follow the river Neckar to Ladenburg. The many half-timbered houses create a unique atmosphere. You will cycle through vast forest areas in the Rhine valley to the ancient imperial city of Worms with its legendary cathedral.
You will leave the Rhine valley and cycle on the German wine route into the second largest wine region in Germany. You will experience wine culture in small and large wine villages, get to know the history and stories of the times of the Romans until today and taste very good Pfalz wine.
Today, you will have much time to enjoy yourself in the beautiful wine villages with their unique atmosphere. You will visit Deidesheim and cycle via the region called “Balcony of the Pfalz” to Neustadt.
You will cycle mainly on flat terrain. Only in the vineyards between Worms and Bad Dürkheim, there are some slight climbs.
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: hotels and inns of 3*** level
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Neustadt an der Weinstraße train station
- Karlsruhe / Baden Baden airport
- Cat. A: Free parking at the hotel or close to the hotel. Multi-storey car park costs € 5 - 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
- Cat. B: Free parking at the hotel or close to the hotel. Multi-storey car park costs € 5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!