Arrival in Munich
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. The capital city of Bavaria is awaiting you and invites you to visit its many attractions (English Garden, Town Hall, Hofbräuhaus,…)
From Munich, the tour starts with a bike ride through Forstenrieder Park to Lake Starnberg. Then you will cycle on the lakeside road to Seeshaupt. You will continue on wonderful ways through rustic Bavarian towns, past the Osterseen lakes and Lake Riegsee to Murnau am Staffelsee.
First, you will cyclethrough the naturereserve called MurnauerMoos (largest swamp area of Central Europe). Later, you will continue your tour through unspoiled nature following the River Loisach to Garmisch Partenkirchen. The stageis intentionally brief. Therefore, there isstillenoughtimeforan individualtripwith the Zugspitzbahn, a mountain railway.Atan altitude of 2962 meters, youwillhave a wonderfulview oftheAlps.
You will take the train to Scharnitz to bridge an altitude of 300 meters. From there, you will cycleuphillthrough wildlyromanticgorges and lushmeadows to the spring of the River Isar. Afterwards, you will cycle back through a sunny valley where you will have a marvellouspanoramic view ofthe mountains of Karwendel and Wettersteingebirge,passing Mittenwald and finally arriving in Wallgau –a place where the Bavarian tradition is still a part of everydaylife.
Passing the Isarwinkel, you will follow the crystal-clear, turquoise waters of the impressive Lake Sylvenstein. Cyclingthrough charming landscapes,you will pass Lenggries and finally arrive in Bad Tölz. The locationat the crossroadsof two trade routes-the River Isar and theoldsalt routefrom Reichenhall toAllgäu-quickly became athrivingtrading centre. Theornatemansions testify the golden age.
You will cycle through the scenic Tegernsee countryside to Gmund at Lake Tegernseewhere you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the lake. Following the valley Gaißbach, you will come back to Bad Tölz. The Tölzer Market Street invites you to learn more about thefamous television series “Der Bulle von Tölz".
The Isar bike pathleads you from Bad Tölz over Geretsried and Wolfratshausen directly to Grünwald. After a few short climbs you will arrive back in Bavaria’s state capital Munich,where you can explore its countless sights and attractions.
Overall, this is a rathereasy tour.A fewshort climbscanbe conqueredeasilyby pushing the bike. You will cycle onbeautiful bike pathsandminor roads. Main roadswill only be usedfor short distances. The routeismostly paved;some longer passagesare on forest tracks,which are in good condition.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Train journey from Garmisch Partenkirchen - Scharnitz
- 1 veal sausage breakfast
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Munich central train station
- Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. € 49 for 8 days and approx. € 59 for 10 days, payable on spot, no reservation possible/necessary
Free car park close to the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- bike ticket for the train from Garmisch Partenkirchen - Scharnitz is not included, cost approx. € 5,00