Arrival in Munich
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. The capital city of Bavaria is awaiting you and invites you to visit its many attractions (English Garden, Town Hall, Hofbräuhaus,…)
Today’s tour starts with a ride through the Forstenrieder park until you get to Lake Starnberg. Then the bike path runs directly along the lakeside edge until you get to Seeshaupt. You will cycle along beautiful paths running through quaint, Bavarian villages and past the Osterseen lakes, lake Riegsee and then finally to Murnau am Staffelsee.
The third day on the bike will at first take you through the nature reserve Murnauer Moos (the largest marshland in Central Europe) and the “Altenauer Moor”. After the impressions of this pristine nature, you will get to know the essence of Bavarian Rococo – the Wieskirche church. However, the highlights of the day are the royal castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau.
From the former site of Bavarian majesty, you will cycle further along Lake Forggensee to Hopfen am See. This area impresses with its seven major and numerous other smaller lakes. You will continue your tour through fields and meadows and get a stunning view of the Allgäu Alps, Mount Zugspitze and the Tannheimer mountains until you reach Nesselwang.
At the beginning of today’s stage, the route is a little bit hilly. However, the beautiful Alpine panorama makes up for the little effort you have to make. You will pass Lake Rottachsee and relax when cycling downhill to Immenstadt (nice town with good restaurants) and continue along Lake Großer Alpensee until you reach today’s destination, the spa town of Oberstaufen.
On your last day of cycling, you will cycle through typical Allgäu landscape with scattered farms and villages to the beautiful Lake Constance (or in German, Bodensee). After arriving at the lakeside of the pretty town of Lindau, we recommend a visit to the island, the Old Town Hall and the proud patrician houses with their impressive frescoes. Overnight stay in Lindau or in Nonnenhorn, approx. 8 km from Lindau.
You will enjoy some slight climbs and descents cycling through the gently rolling alpine foothills, where you can admire a beautiful panoramic view of the Alps and the idyllic lakes on the way. You will cycle on beautiful bike ways and minor roads. Main roads will only be used for short distances. Most roads are paved; some longer passages are on natural roads which are in good condition.
Category: 3***- and 4****-Hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English) Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Munich train station
- Munich airport
- Parking spaces available in the hotel garage in Munich for approx. € 49 for 8 days, approx. € 59 for 10 days; Free, unattended public parking close to the hotel
- Good train connection from Lake Constance to Munich
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!