Trier/Ruwer valley - Coblenz
Moselle bike path, winery tour
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
Trier is regarded as the oldest city of Germany. Numerous Roman monuments are omnipresent. Your accommodation is located directly inside the vineyards very close to Trier in the so-called Ruwer valley. Your rental bikes will be stored in the hotel.
Before you start along the Moselle you should schedule some time to visit the well-known amphitheater as well as the Porta Nigra. An educational trail along your route reports on domestic grape variety. Neumagen-Dhron became the oldest wine village in Germany. And your wine-maker awaits you already with a first tasting!
Soon you will reach Bernkastel-Kues where many alleys and colorful half-timbered houses will impress. In any case you should taste the well-known “Bernkastler Doctor” (local produced wine). On your further way you will pass the wine growing district named “Kröver Nacktarsch”. A boat ride might offer beautiful views on the surrounding vineyards (not included). You have reached your next accommodation with Enkirch or Burg, respectively. Your next accommodation owes another winery and most likely you need to taste some more wine!
Also today the vineyards will escort your way. Always following the river Moselle you will pass another famous wine growing district which is called “Zeller Schwarze Katz”. Cycling over Beilstein, widely known as „Rothenburg on the Moselle River”, you will soon roll into Cochem. The charming center and the castle from the 11th century are just some highlights. Take enough time for a visit. Just a short distance and you have reached with Treis-Karden the goal of today.
After a short distance you should make a side trip to the medieval castle „Burg Eltz“, which counts among the most beautiful and best preserved castles of Germany. Located in the heart of nature it offers magnificent views. Back to the Moselle bike path you pass numerous charming wine villages, before you reach your final destination Koblenz. The center is situated at the confluence of the Moselle River and the Rhine River and is extremely well-suited for a stroll.
In Coblenz there is much to discover. If you are interested in we would be pleased to book some extra nights for you. Our transfer from Koblenz to Trier is very comfortable and daily possible.
The Moselle bike path mostly runs on paved roads and bike trails and is continuously and well signposted. There are only less short sections with more traffic. Altogether a very easy bike tour which is ideally suitable for families with children and doesn´t require more than basic fitness.
| Season 1 |
06.04.2024 - 19.04.2024
12.10.2024 - 19.10.2024
| Season 2 |
20.04.2024 - 03.05.2024
08.06.2024 - 16.08.2024
28.09.2024 - 11.10.2024
| Season 3 |
04.05.2024 - 07.06.2024
17.08.2024 - 27.09.2024
|Moselle bike path, Trier-Coblenz, winery tour, 6 days, DE-MORTK-06X-WINZ|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||259.00||259.00||259.00|
Category: overnight stay in wine hotels, wineries and in Coblenz in a central city hotel.
| Season 1 |
Apr 6, 2024 - Apr 19, 2024
Oct 12, 2024 - Oct 19, 2024
| Season 2 |
Apr 20, 2024 - May 3, 2024
Jun 8, 2024 - Aug 16, 2024
Sep 28, 2024 - Oct 11, 2024
| Season 3 |
May 4, 2024 - Jun 7, 2024
Aug 17, 2024 - Sep 27, 2024
|Double room p. p.||74.00||74.00||74.00|
|Double room p. p.||79.00||79.00||79.00|
- Accommodation in mentioned category
- Daily breakfast from buffet
- If half board: 5 x 3-course evening meal included (partly with voucher in close-by restaurants in walking distance)
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel (no limit in pieces of luggage; each luggage with a maximum of 20 kg)
- 7-day service hotline
- Well elaborated route guidance
- Detailed travel documents (1 package per room) incl. GPS data
- 3 x wine tasting (in Neumagen-Dhron/surroundings, Enkirch/Burg, Treis-Karden)
- If bike rental: Rental bike insurance included
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Trier train station
Next airport: Frankfurt-Hahn or Frankfurt am Main
- Parking space in Ruwer valley at the hotel free of charge. In Trier (district Ruwer) parking space at the hotel (approx. € 16,- per week).
- Transfer by bus from Koblenz to Trier: daily, departure at 09:00 am; reservation required at time of application; price: € 79,- per person excl. own bikes, price: € 39,- extra for the transfer of your own bike.
- Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.