Mainz - Cologne
Rhine bike path IV
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Mainz
We recommend arriving early to Mainz! The Roman-Germanic central and the Gutenberg museum, the imperial palace and the elector castle should be visited.
Welcome to the UNESCO world cultural heritage Upper Middle Rhine valley! Your first stage leads you through soft vineyards and well-known wine villages. Here the Rhine still flows unhurried and shape small romantic island and expand his stream bed to a latitude of 800 m. If you want to visit Eltville or monastery Eberbach you have to cycle approx. 15 km more. In Rüdesheim you have several possibilities: a wine tasting, an excursion through the well-known Drossel-vannel, a relaxed journey to the Niederwald monument by cable-car …
Gorgeous fortresses are awaiting you today! We recommend walking up the Loreley where you will have a beautiful view towards the romantic Rhine valley.
Your route leads you to Boppard where you can go by chair lift up into densely wooded and silent altitudes. Or you visit Marksburg and castle Stolzenfels on your way to Coblenz.
Today you will come to sanitaria, inviting wine villages, thermal spas and beer gardens. Or maybe you want to rest today? No problem, you can go by ship from Coblenz to Bad Godesberg as well.
Spend some time in Bonn which is on your way to Cologne. As soon as you see the Cologne dome you are not too far away from your hotel. There is enough time left for this beautiful city with its many places of interests!
You cycle really relaxed in most of the time flat terrain.
Category A: comfortable middle class hotels
Category B: good guest houses and hotels
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Accommodation in your selected category
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train or car to Mainz
- The start hotels are located in the centre, about 10 minutes away from the old city and about 2 minutes away from the train station by foot. You can park your car at the park house Bonifiatiustürme which costs about € 9,- per 24 hours.
- Departure from Cologne by train
- Return transfer by car or minivan from Cologne to Mainz (price € 40,- per person, departure 11:00 a.m.) every Thursday and Saturday, reservation necessary, payable in advance.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!