Luxembourg - Coblenz
Moselle bike path
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
Arrival in Luxemburg
We recommend an early arrival to the European Culture City of 2007. Nowhere else harmonize contemporary buildings such subtle with old ruins and former castles and monasteries. Since many years Luxembourg belongs to an UNESCO world heritage site. Almost endless numbers of theaters and museums will inspire culture interested people. The bikes will be delivered the next morning to your hotel.
After breakfast you will leave the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The small river Alzette will escort you easily out of the city. The landscape and some small villages which you pass today will outweigh some short climbs. Your destination Remich sprays Mediterranean flair and along the Moselle promenade you can relax while having a glass of wine.
From Perl the river Moselle marks the border between Germany and Luxembourg. On both sides of the river vineyards rise up. They will escort you almost as far as Koblenz and offer wonderful panoramic views. You will reach your today´s destination over Konz, where the river Saar flows into the river Moselle. Trier is the oldest city of Germany and you can explore 2000 years of history there.
Before you continue along the Moselle you should schedule some time to visit the well-known amphitheater as well as the Porta Nigra. An educational trail along your route reports on domestic grape variety. Close to Piesport you will pass Neumagen-Dhron which is Germany´s oldest wine village. Taste a glass of wine in Piesport - for sure this could be a nice finish of this beautiful cycle day!
Soon you will reach Bernkastel-Kues where many alleys and colorful half-timbered houses will impress. In any case you should taste the well-known “Bernkastler Doctor” (local produced wine). On your further way you will pass the wine growing district named “Kröver Nacktarsch”. A boat ride might offer beautiful views on the surrounding vineyards (not included). You have reached your today´s destination with Traben-Trarbach. The city offers many architectural masterpieces of art nouveau and Belle Epoch.
Also today the vineyards will escort your way. Enkirch is a trinket of half-timbered houses and ideally suitable for a brake. Always following the river Moselle you will pass another famous wine growing district which is called “Zeller Schwarze Katz”. Cycling over Beilstein, widely known as „Rothenburg on the Moselle River”, you will soon roll into Cochem. The charming center and the castle from the 11th century are just some highlights. Take enough time for a visit.
After a short distance you should make a side trip to the medieval castle „Burg Eltz“, which counts among the most beautiful and best preserved castles of Germany. Located in the heart of nature it offers magnificent views. Back to the Moselle bike path you pass numerous charming wine villages, before you reach your final destination Coblenz. The center is situated at the confluence of the Moselle River and the Rhine River and is extremely well-suited for a stroll.
Departure or extension
In Coblenz there is much to discover. If you are interested in we would be pleased to book some extra nights for you.
On the first stage you need to consider some hilly sections. You will cycle on small streets with low traffic but on asphalted terrain. From Remich you will follow always the river Moselle which mostly runs on paved roads and bike trails, continuously and well signposted. Only less sections are shared with traffic, almost only when entering and leaving cities. Altogether a very easy bike tour which doesn´t require more than basic fitness.
| Season 1 |
08.04.2023 - 21.04.2023
14.10.2023 - 21.10.2023
| Season 2 |
22.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
17.06.2023 - 18.08.2023
30.09.2023 - 13.10.2023
| Season 3 |
13.05.2023 - 16.06.2023
19.08.2023 - 29.09.2023
|Moselle bike path, Luxemburg-Coblenz, 8 days, DE-MORLK-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||399.00||399.00||399.00|
Category: comfortable middle class hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 21, 2023
Oct 14, 2023 - Oct 21, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 22, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Jun 17, 2023 - Aug 18, 2023
Sep 30, 2023 - Oct 13, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 13, 2023 - Jun 16, 2023
Aug 19, 2023 - Sep 29, 2023
|Double room p. p.||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Double room p. p.||79.00||79.00||79.00|
|Double room p. p.||74.00||74.00||74.00|
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Daily breakfast from buffet
- If half-board: 7 x 3-course evening meal included (partly with voucher in close-by restaurants in walking distance)
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel (no limit in pieces of luggage; each luggage with a maximum of 20 kg)
- 7-day service hotline
- Well elaborated route guidance
- Detailed travel documents (1 package per room) incl. GPS data
- If bike rental: Rental bike insurance included
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Luxembourg train station
- Luxembourg or Frankfurt-Hahn airport
- Our contract hotels partly offer parking spaces and garages. Please advise at time of booking if you plan to arrive by car. However, you will receive detailed information about parking possibilities with your travel documents.
- Transfer by bus from Coblenz to Luxembourg: Daily with departure 9 a.m. from Coblenz, price: € 95,- per person, extra € 29,- for the transfer of your own bike. Reservation required at time of booking, depending on availability.
- We would be pleased to arrange a wine tasting along the Moselle. The price is € 23,- per person. Please just let us know at time of booking if you wish us to make this reservation.
- The local city tax isn´t included in the price and has to be paid on spot.