Arrival in Dresden
Individual arrival to Dresden, distribution of rental bikes (if booked) and welcome briefing in the hotel. Afterwards possibility to stroll through the baroque old city of Dresden. Discover the well-known beauty and magic of the city with places of interest as Zwinger, Frauenkirche, palace and Semper opera.
The bicycle path leads directly along the Elbe to Bad Schandau. By ferry cruise to palace Pillnitz, enjoy the unique view onto the baroque building. You continue by bike upstream to the bizarre sandstone mountains. A short climb onto Bastei Mountain is worth it. A wonderful view onto the Elbe Sandstone Mountains and the course of the river reward you for your efforts. Return journey from Bad Schandau to Dresden by bike (approx. 90 km) or suburban train (approx. 45 km)
You cycle in the Elbe valley along the Saxon vineyards and pass the city of Radebeul, which is associated with Karl May. Within a few more kilometres you reach Meißen. The picturesque alleys of the historic old city invite for a stroll. Worth while: Albrechtsburg and the world famous Meissen chine manufacture! Then you go a bit more through Germany’s most northern vineyards. Taste the regional wines! The baroque castle Diesbar-Seußlitz with its wonderful park is a good place for rest. Accommodation is in the town of Riesa or Strehla.
You follow river Elbe downstream to Mühlberg with former Cistercian monastery and Electoral Saxony’s milepost. You should not miss the Treblitz Tree Park with trees and bushes from five continents. Destination of the day is Torgau with nice town hall in renaissance style, residence palace Hartenfels and church St. Marien. From Saxony-Anhalt you cycle via palace Lichtenberg in direction Bad Schmiedeberg.
After your arrival in the city where Martin Luther posted his theses, you have the possibility to make a trip down memory lane. The Luther Hall, Wittenberg’s most interesting building, has the biggest historic collection on the Reformation. The old city of Wittenberg was restored lovely too. The beautiful shops and restaurants are guaranteeing a wonderful evening.
Daily routes from 30 to 80 km in flat and slightly hilly terrain. The Elbe cycle path offers the possibility to cycle on car-free roads along one of the most beautiful and most important rivers in Germany. Other sections lead along small country roads and paths with less traffic through diversified river landscape.
Category A: overnight stay in hotels/ guest houses *** or ****
Category B: overnight stay in hotels *** (middle class)
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast or breakfast buffet
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Welcome briefing by tour start in Dresden
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Dresden Train Station
- Dresden Airport
- Hotel Category A: Multi-storey car park, costs € 14 per night (off 6 nights)
Hotel Category B: Multi storey car park, costs € 10 per day also Free parking close to the hotel.
- Return journey by train to Dresden this costs € 55 per person incl. your bike from Wittenberg, this costs € 60 per person incl. your bike from Dessau, this costs € 65per person incl. your bike from Magdeburg, to be paid at the time, reservation is necessary.
- Good train connections to Dresden
- You can book this tour also with start from Dessau to Dresden. Please consider that no personal welcome meeting will be held and the route description and the road maps need to be read in reverse. The prices are the same, a daily arrival is possible.
- Please note!
Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.