- 12 Days / 11 Nights
- self guided
Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”. Overnight stay is in Constance.
Constance – Island Reichenau – Gaienhofen - Gailingen/Stein am Rheinapprox. 40 km + Journey by boat
Past Wollmatinger Ried you cycle to island Reichenau, UNESCO heritage of nature and culture since 2001. Take a boat to to Gaienhofen and cycle to Stein am Rhein .
Today you will cycle through a lovely river landscape to Schaffhausen (castle Munot). Afterwards you will visit the Rhine fall (most powerful waterfall in middle Europe).
Visit the “flower island” Mainau! Afterwards you have a short bike tour via Allensbach to Radolfzell.
A lot of places of interest on your 6th day: monasteries, baroque churches and old castles. Overnight stay is in Uhldingen / Meersburg.
Today you visit baroque pilgrims church Birnau, pole-settlements in Uhldingen and then Meersburg, Hagnau and Immenstaad until you reach Friedrichshafen. Visit the Zeppelin museum and the harbour. Overnight stay is in/near Immenstaad or Friedrichshafen.
Enjoy the large fruit orchards before you reach Bavarian metropolis Lindau. Special about Lindau is the protected old town on an island. After a few kilometres you reach Austria and cycle on the lake bank into festival city Bregenz with the unique lake-stage.
Before you leave Bregenz visit the Oberstadt, which has been maintained in an excellent condition. Near Hard you cross the Rhine, rushing down from the Swiss Alps. The mouth into Lake Constance is an important natural reserve. On Swiss territory, in Altenrhein, you can see the Hundertwasser-Hall. Via Horn you cycle along the lake to harbour Rorschach.
Today you do not need your bike,you have time to visit St. Gallen or to do a Hiking tour in the area..
The last day of this interesting cycle tour is dedicated to Canton Thurgau, also called the apple-canton due to the importance of apple orchards. You cycle through tidy little villages along the lake to Constance. Overnight stay is in Constance / surroundings.
All important places of interest, which are described in the route book, are included in the tour. On every day you have enough time for sightseeing. .
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Best elaborated route
- Boat tour Reichenau-Gaienhofen incl. bike
- Boat tour to the Rhine rock
- Entrance Rosgartenmuseum, Insel Mainau, Pfahlbaummuseum
- Journey with the Pfänderbahn excl. bicycles (bike transport from 8 till 10 a.m. for free)
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Constance train station
- An arrival to every tour place is possible.
- Car park at the hotel , € 5-20 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Car park at the office of Radweg Reisen 40 € to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for the "Pfänderbahn" after 10 pm to be paid for at the time.