Arrival in Strasbourg
Check-in at the hotels and take the opportunity for sightseeing.
You leave Strasbourg on the cycle path along the Rhone-Rhine Canal, heading south.
You cycle over the Rieddörfer and along the channel from Markolshiem which brings you to the artistic town of Colmar.
Following the cycle path you reach Neuf-Brisach a 17th century octagonal fortified town, then continue along a beautiful flat cycle path to Ottmarsheim. There you should not miss the opportunity to visit the basilica built in the 12th century.
Along cycle paths and small roads you pass the open air museum, the "Eco-museum of Alsace", and arrive in Guebwiller, at the foot of the Vosges.
The villages of Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg and Riquewihr are among the most beautiful and most famous villages of the wine route. Take your time and do some wine tasting!
A multitude of beautiful wine villages and well-known vineyards awaits you today.
In Rosheim, the Alsatian Romanesque experience reaches a climax with the 12th century church of St. Peter and St. Paul. Then you follow the Canal de la Bruche to Strasbourg. Departure.
A simple bike tour, also for beginners. You cycle mostly on bike paths and sometimes on side streets with less traffic. The stages in the vineyards are a little bit hilly.
Category A: 3***-hotels (french classification)
Category B: 2**- and 3***-hotels (french classification)
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Welcome briefing (except on Sundays and bank holidays)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel information
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Straßbourg train station
- Straßbourg, Basel/Mulhouse or Karlsruhe/Baden- Baden airport
- Car park near the hotel, approx. € 60,- /week
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!