The Danish capital has plenty to offer, so we recommend arriving early. Take a stroll through the historical city centre or visit the famous amusement park Tivoli. The personal greeting and hand-over of bikes will take place in the evening.
For most of the first day’s stage, you will ride along the Køge Bay, with the Baltic Sea always in view. The landscapes of the entirely car-free national park Amager Fælled will impress you, and for art enthusiasts, the chance to visit the Arken Museum of Modern Art is too good to miss. Køge is one of the oldest towns in Denmark and is located right on the coast. The white sandy beaches entice one to take a dip in the cool water.
Today you will say goodbye to the coast. The route takes you inland and you will pass through southern Zealand. A magnificent green landscape with extensive meadows and forests will surround you all the time. The medieval town of Næstved with its old town houses is the ideal place to take a stroll, or you could make an excursion to the Rococo castle Gavnø.
Next; you will ride to the west towards the Great Belt. Soon you will reach the small coastal town of Karrebæksmind. The small sandy beach near Enø is the perfect place to sunbathe. From now on, you will follow the coast, and via the harbour town Skælskør you will reach today’s goal, Korsør. The cosy harbour town has a lively and diverse cultural scene.
You will start today with a train ride (not included) over the Great Belt, the strait between the Danish island of Funen in the West and Zealand in the East. The bridge is one of the longest suspension bridges in the world. Today’s route is rich in variety. A large part of it brings you along the coast, but you will also go inland now and again. On the way, you will pass by many palaces and manors. For our sporty guests, it is also worth visiting Valdemar’s castle on Tåsinge island.
A special experience awaits you today; on your tour, you will discover Ærø island. A ferry ride will bring you from Svendborg to Ærøskøbing in the morning. Take some time to explore this fascinating and historic town. A short bicycle tour westward will allow you to experience the best of the island. Then you’ll catch the ferry from Søby back to Funen island and Faaborg.
Today you’ll ride through the middle of the island from Faaborg to Odense, the capital of Funen and also the birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen. The bicycle tour will bring you into the rolling hills of the Svanninge Bakker landscape. A special attraction along the way is the medieval Svanninge church, whose steeple is visible from a distance. Via Brobyværk, which was founded in the Viking era, you will eventually reach Odense. You will have enough time in the evening to explore the city at your own pace. During a stroll you can recall all the wonderful impressions from your bicycle tour from Copenhagen to Odense.
Your trip ends after breakfast. We would be happy to help you book an extension to explore Odense.
On the whole an easy cycle tour which leads through flat and soft hilly landscapes. Mostly own bike paths and small streets without much traffic. Only if entering and leaving cities you need to expect some more traffic.
| Season 1 |
05.06.2021 - 28.08.2021
|Copenhagen & Funen, 8 Tage, DK-KHRKO-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board||349.00|
|Surcharge single room||479.00|
Category: Carefully selected hotels; 2x 3*** and 5x 4****
| Season 1 |
Jun 5, 2021 - Aug 28, 2021
|Double room p. P.||125.00|
|Double room p. P.||89.00|
- 7 nights in carefully selected accommodations
- Daily breakfast from buffet
- Luggage service from hotel to hotel (no limit in pieces of luggage; each piece with a max. of 20 kg)
- Card material with route description (1 package each room)
- Service hotline
- Personal welcome briefing and bike fitting
- GPS tracks
- Ferry ticket from Svendborg to Ærøskøbing (including bike)
- Ferry ticket from Søby to Faaborg (including bike)
- If half board: 7 dinner included (partly with voucher in a close-by restaurant in walking distance)
- If bike rental: Rental bike insurance included
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train station: Copenhagen
- Airport: Copenhagen
- Our start hotels partly offer parking places. You will receive detailed information with your travel documents. In Denmark you need to calculate with a price of approx. € 35 per day for a public parking garage.
- Transfer with our bike van from Odense to Copenhagen possible every Saturday with departure approx. 9 AM. Price: € 99 per person including transfer of own bikes. Duration: approx. 2.5 hours. Reservation at time of booking necessary, only limited number of seats available.
- The train ticket to cross the Great Belt bridge isn´t included in the package and has to be paid on spot. Price: approx. € 18 per person including transfer of bike.
- The local city tax isn´t included in the price and has to be paid on spot.