Information on the tour and bike fitting. For guests arriving at the Trumer Seen lakes, the subsequent daily tours are accordingly shifted in the itinerary (these guests begin the tour with the route described for the third day, cycling the Salzburg - Trumer Seen lakes route on the final day).
Today, you will cycle along the Salzach to Oberndorf (birthplace of the Christmas carol "Silent Night"), Arnsdorf (the “Silent Night” Museum), Michaelbeuern (abbey), and further on into the Trumer Seen lakes country (Lake Obertrumer See, Lake Mattsee, Lake Grabensee) and partly also to Lake Wallersee. A shorter, direct version is also possible!
On the third day, the tour will take you through the nature reserve of the Egelseen lakes to Schleedorf. Later, you will continue to the idyllic Lake Irrsee. Overnight stay in Mondsee (castle, smokehouse).
The day begins with a boat trip to Weyregg (for arrivals between 01.07. and 31.08.), in season 1 and 2 you cycle along lake Attersee. Afterwards, you will cycle through the Aurachtal valley to Lake Traunsee with Gmunden (castle Orth, ceramics factory), Altmünster (bicycle museum), and Traunkirchen ("Fishermen’s Pulpit").
By train you will go from Lake Traunsee up to Obertraun at Lake Hallstättersee (Dachstein mountainous ice caves). Later, you will continue along the lake to Hallstatt ("the loveliest lakeside location in the world", the oldest salt mine). Your today’s destination is Bad Goisern or one of the neighbouring towns.
Via Bad Ischl (Emperor’s Park, Emperor’s Villa, Empress Sissi’s Teahouse) you will cycle along the Ischler Ache river to Lake Wolfgangsee: You will cycle through places such as St. Wolfgang (White Horse Inn, parish church, cog railway on to the Schafberg), Strobl, Lake Abersee (Zinkenbachklamm gorge) and St. Gilgen - the Mozart village on Lake Wolfgangsee.
On the seventh day, you will follow the cycle route to St. Gilgen ("Mozart Village"), the short hiking trail into the Tiefbrunnau, past the Hintersee lake, and the Strubklamm gorge into the Wiestal valley (dam); You will come through the Glasenbachklamm into the Salzachtal valley. Shortly before reaching Salzburg, it is worth visiting the castle Schloss Hellbrunn (park, zoo, water games). Your destination is the festival and Mozart city of Salzburg with its numerous attractions (fortress, old town).
On the banks of the lakes and at the river Salzach, the routes are completely flat. In between, the terrain is mainly hilly. Depending on the option chosen, approximately one third of the route is on cycle paths and almost all the rest is through fields and on forest paths, farm roads, and quiet side roads. There are only a few short sections on roads with more traffic.
Category A: 3*** - and 4****- hotels
Category B: Accommodation in chosen guest houses, hotels, and inns ***
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Boat ride on lake Attersee incl. your bike for arrivals between 01.07. and 31.08.
- Train journey Lake Traunsee - Lake Hallstättersee incl. bike (does not apply to the shortened tour)
- Bike transfer into the Tiefbrunnau/opportunity for limited number of persons to get a lift
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg airport
- Salzburg: Category A: car park approx. € 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Salzburg Category B: car park approx. € 8 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Public multi-storey car park approx. € 65,- per week
Lakes Trumer Seen: free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.