Innsbruck - Verona
Along the rivers Eisack and Adige.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Innsbruck
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. For the rest of the day, we recommend visiting Innsbruck’s famous old town with its City Tower and its “Golden Roof”.
After breakfast, we will take you up to the Brenner Pass (by train or minibus). From the small border town Brenner you will cycle on a newly extended bike path, mostly along the river Eisack, first to the little village Gossensass and immediately afterwards to Sterzing, the once mighty city of the Fugger. You will continue your tour to Thumberg, to the beautiful Reifenstein Castle, and via Stilfes and Mittenwald to Franzensfeste with its famous fortress. The bike path continues to the beautiful and quiet Lake Varna, to Varna and finally to Brixen, today's destination.
You will ride your bike through the Dürer town Klausen along the river Eisack to Waidbruck (view of Castle Trostburg). Here, the valley gets more narrow and leads into the Bolzano basin. The city where two cultures meet is awaiting its visitors with many attractions (Archaeological Museum with Ötzi, the Iceman – free admission with BrixenCard on day of arrival).
Today you will pedal through numerous orchards and vineyards in the area of the South Tyrolean wine route, past many castles and ruins, to the wine village Eppan and further to Lake Caldaro. You will stay overnight in the cosy wine town Auer.
Today, the route will take you mostly on the beautiful bike path along the river Adige and partially through beautiful orchards to Salurn, where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The dam pathways lead to Trento with its lovely old town.
The Adige valley is getting narrower and narrower and the mountain ranges on which for many centuries impressive castles guarded over one of the most important trade routes are coming closer and closer. We recommend a visit to Rovereto and the city of Mozart, Ala. Then you will continue your tour on the bike path to Rivalta.
On the seventh day, you will cycle on the well-developed bike trail along the river Adige to Verona, with only a few stops.
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths along the river valleys of Eisack and Adige. From Verona you will pedal mostly on side roads with little traffic. You will be taken up to the Brenner Pass from where the route will take you downhill 1,300 meters in altitude. There are only a few short climbs on Lake Caldaro and before Verona. If you prolong the tour to Venice, the only exhausting part is the Monte Berici before Vicenza (about 400 meters in altitude). This is a bike tour for everyone!
Category: 3***- and 4**** hotels, Rivalta charming 2** hotel
- Overnight stays in the listed category
- Breakfast buffet
- Personal tour information
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Bus transfer from Innsbruck to Brenner incl. bike
- Brixen card (free use of South Tyrolean public transportation, a roundtrip ride with the cable car Plose, free admission to Acquarena water park, free admission to nearly all South Tyrolean museums, rich cultural and hiking program)
- GPS tracks available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Innsbruck train station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Multi storey car park costs € 55 per week; to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Return transfer by minibus to Innsbruck every Saturday morning, this costs € 75 per person incl. your bike, reservation is necessary
- Good train connections from Verona or Venice to Innsbruck
- Alternative route also possible via Lake Garda or Resia
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!