Arrival in Coblenz
Embarkation from 4pm onwards. The crew will welcome you on board. You will spend the evening and first night in Coblenz.
By ship to Alken, where your bike tour starts. Youare cycling to Moselkern and then on to Cochem. Cochem is a lovely little town with historical half-timbered-houses and a picturesque Old town.Inexperienced cyclists we recommend spending the day on board and use the day off to visit Cochem in the afternoon.
The bike tour will take you to Beilsteinfirst, which you can explore during a short tour on your own. Pass Europe’s steepest vineyard at Bremmer Calmont. Today ́s tour ends in the wine village of Zell on the Moselle. You should take the time to enjoy the popular wines.
You are cyclingfrom Zell to romantic Traben-Trarbach, where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. After that the middle aged market place of Bernkastel-Kues invites you for a rest. You will reach the ship in Kues aftera tour through town.
Cycle tour to Piesport, the oldest winegrowing community along the Moselle. Visit the Roman cellars and the vineyardson your own. Further on you are going toNeumagen-Dhron which is the oldest wine city of Ger-many. After lunch break the tour continues to Mehring.
You will cycle via Pfalzel to Trier, where MS PATRIA is already waiting for you.Trier is one of the oldest citiesof Germany andits Roman roots are still visible in impressive buildings as the Porta Nigra, the Kon-stantin basilica and the Amphitheatre.
Today you will be cycling along the river from Trier via Wasserbillig in Luxembourg to Saarburg, also called “little Venice”. In its centre you will find a waterfall of 20 meters deep as well as manybaroque buildings and fisher houses.
Disembarkation after breakfast until 9:00 a.m. Individual journey home.
The quality of the bike paths is very good. The Moselle cycle path leads along good and asphalted roads without noteworthy climbs. Therefore this journey is even suitable for novice cyclists.
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Coblenz main station is about 3 km away from the pier
- Parking possibilities in Coblenz: Public park house near the landing stage in Coblenz for about € 125,- per week as well as free park & ride parking spaces. By public bus into the city. No reservation possible.
- Return journey to Coblenz: By train in 2 hours for about € 24,- (bookable there)
Number of participants:
Minimum of 40 people until 21 days before arrival
Enjoy the comfort on the swimming hotel - the MS Patria. You cycle along the great rivers Moselle and Saar.