Transfer from Benifallet Old Station to the starting point in Puebla de Híjar. We will start biking in the province of Terol, in Aragó County, where the old railway started. A railway that connected the Spanish inland to the sea. We start along the green way but before reaching Alcañiz, we will take some rural roads. Night in Alcañiz.
At the beginning we will pass a secondary road until reaching Valdegorfa. From there, we will bike along the green way surrounded by fields of olive trees, vineyards and lush pine forests, in a route which the highlight is the long viaduct that crosses the Matarraña River. Night in Horta de Sant Joan.
From here the Greenway runs alongside the river. A succession of tunnels and viaducts punctuate the remaining kilometres, which allows us to cross the Port Massis (mountain range). This is one of the best parts of the green way with some tunnels in which you need lights to cross it. Night in Tortosa.
From Tortosa we will follow parts of Ebro River. We go out from Tortosa crossing trees fruit fields and we will continue next to a waterway. Little by little, we will leave the trees to enter in a flat area where the rice fields are the protagonists. The landscape will be changing while you are approaching to the sea. Arrival to l’Ampolla where you can take a swim in the Mediterranean sea.
The last stage is a circular tour in The Nature reserve of the Delta de l'Ebre. The Delta combines the use for rice fields, vegetation areas, the lagoons and ponds.
The route is almost flat along the “Via Verde” an olf railway line converted into an asphalted cycle path that connects the province of Aragon with Catalonia and ends at the sea.In the Ebro Delta mainly on low-traffic side roads.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or continental breakfast
- 1 dinner the first night in Benifallet
- Welcome briefing (English)
- Transfer from Mora d’Ebre station or Reus airport to the first hotel
- Transfer on the 1. cycle day from Benifallet to Puebla de Híjar
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline (English and sometimes also a bit in German)
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Transfer from/to Barcelona (on request)
Arrival/ Parking/ Departure:
- Mora d’Ebre train station
- Barcelona and Reus airport
- Included transfer from Mora d’Ebre or Reus to Benifallet
- Good train connection from Barcelona to Mora d’Ebre and from l’Ampolla to Barcelona
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!