Arrival in Girona
Today you have time to visit the beautiful old town with the Jewish district, the cathedral and the bridges over the Onyar river.
Welcome briefing and distribution of rental bikes. The route leads via cycle paths and small roads to the Costa Brava and L’Estartit. Highlights of the route are the beach of L’Estartit, the Medas islands and the water mouth of river Ter.
This loop tour leads you to “La Gola del Ter”, the water mouth of river Ter into the Mediterranean Sea and through small villages. Highlights of the day are the medieval villages of Pals, Peratellada, and Ullastret as well as the wonderful beaches.
Today you follow mainly the coast and its beaches. The Mediterranean Sea is located on your right hand side and offers wonderful views along the Costa Brava. Enjoy the promenade, the beach, the citadel as well as the lighthouse in Roses. Highlights: L´Escala, the ruins of Empùries, the bay of Roses, and the many beaches along the route.
On this loop tour you cycle through vineyards and olive groves along the last extensions of the Pyrenees. You can visit the wine museum in Roses and taste the wines of the region. The highlights along this route are the beautiful vineyards.
You cycle through small, medieval villages on to Figueres. The Pyrenees are located on your right hand side, for sure the best view to end your tour. Highlights: the route along river Muga and the vineyards.
This tour is an easy tour. You cycle along the coast through flat and slightly hilly terrain. There is only little traffic, some sections have to be cycled on earth roads. Suitable for beginners with a bit experience.
Category: 3***- and 4****-hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Welcome briefing
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline (English only)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Girona or Barcelona airport
- By bus or train to the train station of Girona, the arrival hotel is about 5 minutes away by foot
- Return by train from Figueres to airport Girona or Barcelona
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!