An evening walk through the city sets the mood for the upcoming bike holiday.
After an ample breakfast you take the train and reach Perl - where you start your first bike route. From there the Moselle River is the German-Luxembourgish border. Frequently, you see many vineyards, which offer a magnificent panoramic. You cycle to Konz, where the Saar River is flowing into the Moselle River and finally reach Trier again.
Today you explore the Saar River. You start your tour at the Obermosel River - then you´ll quickly reach the medieval town of Saarburg, with its unique castle ruin. After an extensive lunch break you cycle in a little bend, parallel over Tawern and Konz, back to Trier.
Today you´ll explore the city of Trier - on foot instead of using your bike. On a guided city tour you can experience the 2000 year old history very closely. The afternoon is yours to enjoy at leisure, before the evening takes you on a small wine journey: taste four different wines and the famous „Elsässer Flammkuchen“ - a typical culinary specialty, which is made in the stone baking-oven.
This day starts with a ship tour, where you can enjoy the fascinating Moselle panorama from a different perspective. Before start cycling you should visit the Roman wine presses in Piesport. The next stop should be in Neumagen-Dhron - which is regarded as Germany´s oldest wine village and would be a good place for a break. An educational wine trail provides information about the local grape variety. Back in Trier you will be impressed by the numerous monuments of history, as well as the wonderful panorama. (Outside the high season, that means April and from middle of October, the shipping is not possible. In this period we suggest a beautiful roundtrip from Trier to Schweich, respectively Mehring and back). In the evening there is plenty of time for reviewing your personal impressions of this wonderful bike trip.
After breakfast is individual departure. Upon request we can arrange an extension stay in Trier.
All cycle tours run on flat terrain and are well signposted. Often you will use own bike paths or small side streets without much traffic. You just need to consider some more traffic if entering or leaving bigger cities. All together an easy cycle tour which doesn´t require more than basic fitness.
- 5 nights in 4* Hotel Blesius Garten in Trier
- Daily breakfast from buffet
- Detailed travel documents
- Well elaborated route
- 7-Day Service Hotline
- Boat ticket from Trier to Piesport incl. bike (out of high season, i.e. April and from middle of October, it´s not possible)
- Guided walking tour through Trier (Duration: approx. 2 hours)
- Wine tasting with Elsässer Flammkuchen
- Train ticket from Trier to Perl (including bike)
- Personal welcome meeting and bike fitting
- If half board: 4x 3-course evening meal included
- If lunch packages: 3x lunch package for cycle tours (sandwich, drink, sweetie)
- Rental bike insurance
- Free use of the indoor pool, sauna, and infrared heat booth
- Free WIFI in the entire hotel and in the room
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by car or train to Trier. Next Airports: Frankfurt-Hahn, Luxembourg, or Frankfurt-Main.
- Parking: There are free parking places directly at the hotel available. No reservation possible.
- Please note: Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.