First you cycle through valley Dreisamtal to Kirchzarten. By train via Himmelreich and through narrow valley Höllental up to Hinterzarten (not included). By bike downhill to lake Titisee. Via Lenzkirch you reach Bonndorf.
Before you reach river Rhine today, you should visit 20.000 year-old gorge Wutachschlucht. On your way you have the possibility to go by train Sauschwänzlebahn (facultative, about € 10,-/person). Enjoyable you cycle along river Rhine.
Impressively, the Rhine winds through Black Forest and the Jura. We recommend visiting the city of Laufenburg today. In former times there was another Rhine fall, which was blasted in the 19th century. Your target place not only has a rich history, but also an impressive walled medieval cityscape. Basel is shopping- and commercial center in the border triangle of Germany, Switzerland and France and has a number of interesting museums.
You follow Rhine bike path via Isteiner Klotz, in former times directly at Rhine and at every time it was fortified. At the boarder of the Southern Black Forest you cycle passing few little spa-villages, which are using the curative water of that region.
Today you cycle along the vineyards of the Markgräfler country, at the right side the Black Forest, left it’s reflection, the Vogesen. Back in Fribourg we recommend to visit the Augistinermueum and at the evening the beer garden.
You cycle on signposted routes, on bike paths, silent side roads and along forest tracks. The route proceeds downhill, but some grades in Black Forest have to be managed.
Category: 3***-hotels and guesthouses
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Journey by train Rheinfelden – Basel incl. bike
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Freiburg train station
- Basel airport
- Public car parking in Fribourg, price €66 per week, no reservation possible
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Train ticket Kirchzarten - Titisee approx € 10 per person incl. bike