Arrival in Munich
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. The capital city of Bavaria is awaiting you and invites you to visit its many attractions (English Garden, Town Hall, Hofbräuhaus,…)
From Munich, the tour starts with a bike ride through Forstenrieder Park to Lake Starnberg. Then you will cycle on the lakeside road to Seeshaupt. You will continue on wonderful ways through rustic Bavarian towns, past the Osterseen lakes and Lake Riegsee to Murnau am Staffelsee.
First, you will cycle through the natural reserve called Murnauer Moos (largest swamp area of Central Europe). Later, you will continue your tour through unspoiled nature following the River Loisach to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The stage is intentionally brief. Therefore, there is still enough time for an individual trip with the Zugspitzbahn, a mountain railway. At an altitude of 2962 meters, you will have a wonderful view of the Alps.
You will take the train to Scharnitz to bridge an altitude of 300 meters. From there, you will cycle uphill through wildly romantic gorges and lush meadows to the spring of the River Isar. Afterwards, you will cycle back through a sunny valley where you will have a marvellous panoramic view of the mountains of Karwendel and Wettersteingebirge, passing Mittenwald and finally arriving in Wallgau – a place where the Bavarian tradition is still a part of everyday life.
Passing the Isarwinkel, you will follow the crystal-clear, turquoise waters of the impressive Lake Sylvenstein. Cycling through charming landscapes, you will pass Lenggries and finally arrive in Bad Tölz. The location at the crossroads of two trade routes - the River Isar and the old salt route from Reichenhall to Allgäu - quickly became a thriving trading centre. The ornate mansions testify the golden age.
The Isar bike way leads you from Bad Tölz over Geretsried and Wolfratshausen directly to Grünwald. After a few short climbs you will arrive back in Bavaria’s state capital Munich, where you can explore its countless sights and attractions.
Departure or extension
Overall, this is a rather easy tour. A few short climbs can be conquered easily by pushing the bike. You will cycle on beautiful bike ways and minor roads. Main roads will only be used for short distances. The route is mostly paved; some longer passages are on natural roads which are in good condition.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Train journey from Garmisch Partenkirchen – Scharnitz excl. your bike (costs approx. € 5)
- 1x veal sausage breakfast
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Munich central train station
- Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park costs approx. € 49 for 8 days and approx. € 59 for 10 days, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Free car park close to the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
- Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.
- Bike ticket for the train from Garmisch Partenkirchen - Scharnitz is not included, cost approx. € 5,00