Mainz - Koblenz
Rhine bike path IV
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- self guided
Arrival to Mainz
We recommend arriving early to Mainz! The Roman-Germanic central and the Gutenberg museum, the imperial palace and the elector castle should be visited.
Welcome to the UNESCO world cultural heritage Upper Middle Rhine valley! Your first stage leads you through soft vineyards and well-known wine villages. Here the Rhine still flows unhurried and shape small romantic island and expand his stream bed to a latitude of 800 m. If you want to visit Eltville or monastery Eberbach you have to cycle 15 km more. In Rüdesheim you have several possibilities: a wine tasting, an excursion through the well-known Drossel-vannel, a relaxed journey to the Niederwald monument by cable-car…
Gorgeous fortresses are awaiting you today! We recommend walking up the Loreley where you will have a beautiful view towards the romantic Rhine valley.
Your route leads you to Boppard where you can go by chair lift up into densely wooded and silent altitudes. Or you visit Marksburg and castle Stolzenfels on your way to Coblenz.
Departure or extra nights
You cycle really relaxed in most of the time flat terrain.
Category A: comfortable middle class hotels
Category B: good guest houses and hotels
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Mainz train station
- Frankfurt airport
- Multi-storey car park costs about EUR 9 per day, no reservation possible/necessary, to be paid for at the time.
- Good train connections to Mainz
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!