Arrival in Rosenheim
Tour information and bike fitting. We recommend taking a stroll through the romantic inner city with its Max Josef square and through the park of the former Provincial Garden Show at the Inn meadows.
Taking the cycle path along the river Inn, you will get to Wasserburg. On your way, you should visit the famous rococo church in Rott am Inn. Wasserburg, the town at the loop of the river Inn, is absolutely worth seeing. The vibrant historic old town impresses with its colourful Gothic houses and you can discover many hidden gems in the city.
Today you will cycle along the beautiful Inn cycle path through meadows and green forests. You pass the idyllic little Lake Kratzsee and Lake Weitsee, take a rest and jump in. you pass as well typical Bavarian villages with their may-pole and church steeple till you arrive at you todays overnight place.
The former Benedictine monastery Seeon is one of the most beautiful historic buildings in the Chiemgau region and is now used as a cultural and educational centre. Soon, you will have reached the nature reserve Eggstätter Seenplatte. 18 lakes and forests form a unique landscape, which make in particular hikers and bikers happy. On wonderful paths, you will continue your trip to Lake Chiemsee. Tonight, you will stay in a pretty town such as Prien, Bernau, and Übersee, among others.
The “Bavarian Sea” offers many opportunities for a beautiful day. You can take a boat to the islands Herrenchiemsee (Kind Ludwig’s Castle) and Frauenchiemsee (optional). Or you can ride your bike around the entire lake (approx. 60 km). Parts of this stage can also be done by boat or by taking a special bike bus (optional). And, of course, you can also relax at one of the many bathing facilities at the lake.
Via Rimsting, you will cycle on scenic trails from Lake Chiemsee to Lake Simsee, the favourite lake of the people in Rosenheim. Idyllically embedded in a gently rolling landscape, this lake possesses largely pristine riparian zones full of reed. From here, it is not far to Rosenheim, the starting point of your tour.
All in all, this tour is easy to cycle, with a few climbs, and only partly on hilly terrain. The route we have chosen for you is really beautiful and you will find yourself on bike paths, country lanes, and side roads. Very short sections have to be cycled on roads with more traffic.
Category: 3*** and 4****Hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Rosenheim central train station
- Munich or Salzburg airport
- Public multi-storey car park at the hotel costs € 8 per day. Car park at the hotel costs € 25 per week. Free parking close at the hotel - to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!