Arrival in Coblenz
The heart of the city is situated at the confluence of Moselle River and Rhine River. You should schedule plenty of time for a first shopping tour.
Bike tour through the Upper Middle Rhine Valley
After breakfast you start your holiday with a glorious boat trip on the Rhine River to St. Goar. The „Loreley“ is a slate rock in Upper Middle Rhine Valley UNESCO World Heritage site but also the name of a mermaid on this rock. According to a legend of the 19th century, this mermaid combed her golden hair and attracted many skippers with her singing. Those men didn´t respect the dangerous current anymore, so that the ships were wrecked at the cliffs. You cycle back to your accommodation via the towns Boppard and Rhens. Thereby you pass few castles and palaces which are situated high above the Rhine River.
Cycle trip through the Lahn valley
Today you take the train to Nassau at Lahn. Your route takes you alongside the Lahn River to Bad Ems, where the Romans have also left their traces. Enjoy and relax in the Emser thermal spa. Soon you reach Lahnstein where the Lahn River flows into the Rhine River. Cycle the last section alongside this river until you reach your accommodation. Castles and palaces are also not missing on your way to Coblenz this day.
Bike trip alongside the Moselle River near Coblenz
You start your tour with a short train ride to Cochem. Afterwards you cycle to Moselkern, where you should make a detour to the medieval castle „Burg Eltz“. It´s located in the heart of nature and offers breathtaking views and fabulous beauty. Back on the Moselle bike path you pass numerous lovely wine villages, which invite you to a wine tasting. Via Kobern and Gondorf you finally reach your starting point again.
Departure or extension
Your journey ends after breakfast. We would be pleased to arrange some additional nights for you.
All routes are relatively flat and dispose of an excellent signposting. Often you cycle on bicycle tracks and small side roads with less traffic. Only at the respective entrances and exits of the towns you have to expect higher traffic volume. Altogether a relatively simple bike tour, which almost requires no basic condition.
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents
- Boat ride Coblenz – St. Goar incl. your bike
- 1x Lunch packet
- 1x Dinner Wine Village Coblenz incl. 1 bottle of Moselle wine
- Entrance Reichsburg Cochem
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
additionally category A:
- Entrance Festung Ehrenbreitstein incl. cable car ticket
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Coblenz train station
- Frankfurt-Hahn or Frankfurt am Main airport
- Parking space or public multi story car park close to the train station costs approx. € 15,- per day to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- The rail journeys are not included in the price (payable: in each case directly on spot).
- If half board is booked, it is possible, that it takes place in restaurants nearby the hotels
- Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price