In Trier you can discover a 2000 year old history. The well-known Porta Nigra and the amphitheater are only two of many different monuments from history. Your booked rental bikes are available at your accommodation.
Trier - Saarburg - Trierapprox. 50 km
This day starts with a ship tour, where you can enjoy the fascinating Moselle panorama from a different perspective. Before start cycling you should visit the Roman wine presses in Piesport. The next stop should be in Neumagen-Dhron - which is regarded as Germany´s oldest wine village and would be a good place for a break. An educational wine trail provides information about the local grape variety. Back in Trier you will be impressed by the numerous monuments of history, as well as the wonderful panorama. (Outside the high season, that means April and from middle of October, the shipping is not possible. In this period, we suggest a beautiful roundtrip from Trier to Schweich, respectively Mehring and back). In the evening there is plenty of time for reviewing your personal impressions of this wonderful day.
After an ample breakfast you take the train and reach Perl - where you start your first bike route. From there the Moselle River is the German-Luxembourgish border. Frequently, you see many vineyards, which offer a magnificent panoramic. You cycle to Konz, where the Saar River is flowing into the Moselle River and finally reach Trier again. Individual departure late afternoon - we would also be very pleased to book an extension stay in Trier.
All routes are relatively flat and dispose of an excellent signposting. Often you cycle on bicycle tracks and small side roads with less traffic. Only at the respective entrances and exits of the towns you have to expect higher traffic volume. Altogether a relatively simple bike tour which almost requires no basic condition.
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
- Boat ticket from Trier to Piesport incl. bike (out of high season, i.e. April and from middle of October, it´s not possible)
If half board:
- Deluxe and Category A: 2x 3-course evening meal included
- Category B: 3x 3-course evening meal included (it is possible, that it takes in restaurants nearby the hotels)
Additionally category Deluxe and category A:
- city tour Trier (duration 1 hour)
- 1x lunch packet
- 1x wine tasting with "Winzertapas"
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Trier train station
- Frankfurt-Hahn or Frankfurt am Main airport
- Category Superior: Car park at the the hotel costs approx. € 18,- per week, no reservation possible
- Category A: Car park at the hotel costs approx. € 15,- per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Category B: public multi story car park close to the train station costs € 15,- per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- The rail journeys are not included in the price (payable: in each case directly on spot).
- If half board is booked, it is possible, that it takes place in restaurants nearby the hotels.
- Where visitor´s tax is due, is not included in the tour price.