Information on the tour and bike fitting. In the case of those arriving at the Trumer Seen lakes, the subsequent daily tours are moved accordingly in the itinerary (these guests begin the tour with the route described for the third day, cycling the Salzburg - Trumer Seen lakes route on the final day).
Today, you will cycle along the Salzach to Oberndorf (birthplace of the Christmas carol "Silent Night"), Arnsdorf (the “Silent Night” Museum), Michaelbeuern (abbey), and further on into the Trumer Seen lakes country (Lake Obertrumer See, Lake Mattsee, Lake Grabensee) and partly also to Lake Wallersee. A shorter, direct version is also possible!
On the third day, the tour will take you through the nature reserve of the Egelseen lakes to Schleedorf (model village and cheese-maker). Later, you will continue to the idyllic Lake Irrsee. Overnight stay in Mondsee (castle, smokehouse).
The day begins with a boat trip to Weyregg (just in season 3), in season 1 and 2 you cycle along lake Attersee. Afterwards, you will cycle through the Aurachtal valley to Lake Traunsee with Gmunden (castle Orth, ceramics factory), Altmünster (bicycle museum), and Traunkirchen ("Fishermen’s Pulpit").
Follow the Traun until you get to the „emperor town“ of Bad Ischl (Kaiserpark, Kaiservilla, Sissi’s tea house, Cafè Zauner) and then along the “Ischler Ache” to Lake Wolfgang.
On the seventh day, you will take the cycle route to St. Gilgen ("Mozart Village"), the short hiking trail into the Tiefbrunnau, past the Hintersee lake, and the Strubklamm gorge into the Wiestal valley (dam); You will come through the Glasenbachklamm into the Salzachtal valley. Shortly before reaching Salzburg, it is worth visiting the castle Schloss Hellbrunn (park, zoo, water games). Your destination is the festival and Mozart city of Salzburg with its numerous attractions (fortress, old town).
Departure or extension of trip
On the banks of the lakes and at the river Salzach, the routes are completely flat. In between, the terrain is mainly hilly. Depending on the option chosen, approximately one third of the route is on cycle paths and almost all the rest is through fields and on forest paths, farm roads, and quiet side roads. There are only a few short sections on roads with more traffic.
Category A: 3*** - and 4****- hotels
Category B: Accommodation in chosen guest houses, hotels, and inns ***
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal (in category B: partly in restaurants outside the hotels)
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- own signposting
- Boat ride on Lake Attersee incl. your bikefor arrivals between 01.07. and 31.08.
- Train journey Lake Traunsee – Lake Hallstättersee (does not apply to the shortened tour)
- Bike transfer into the Tiefbrunnau/opportunity for limited number of persons to get a lift
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg airport
- Salzburg: Category A: car park approx. € 10 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Salzburg Category B: car park approx. € 8 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
Public multi-storey car park approx. € 65,- per week
Lakes Trumer Seen: free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.