Arrival to Salzburg - the culturally rich city of Mozart. Take enough time for a stroll through the old part of the city and visit the Mozart´s Birthplace. Your bikes are available in the booked hotel.
You will leave Salzburg and its Alps. On this route you are cycling through the foothills of the Alps. The “Tauern” ends in Tittmoning and from here you have to follow the trail along the Lower Inn before you will reach your destination Burghausen. It is a magnificent old town and has the largest castle complex in Central Europe.
Today you cycle along the river Inn up to Braunau. This town is perfect for taking a lunch break. On your way there are numerous bird colonies. From here you can follow the bike path on the Bavarian or Austrian side. Your destination Obernberg has a well known marketplace with Baroque buildings.
You will soon reach „Stift Reichersberg“ which is worth a visit. On your route along the river Inn you will cycle through small towns like Schärding. At its Baroque market square you can take a break. Not far and you will have reached the final destination of this beautiful bike trip: Passau. The three-river city has much to offer. In the cathedral of Passau you will see the largest church organ in the world. A river-cruise would certainly be a grand finale of this wonderful bike ride.
In Passau there´s a lot to discover. We would be appreciated to book an extension of your trip.
The Tauern bike path is continuously and detailed signposted. The route leads through quiet and paved paths and country roads. Partly you will have to cycle on more travelled routes. A few short stages you have to manage on unpaved paths. The quality of the trail can be described broadly as very good. An ascending slope is hardly present in this variant and therefore the cycling tour is also suitable for families with children.
Category: Carefully chosen guest houses, inns, and hotels ***/****
- Overnight stays in the mentioned category
- Breakfast (buffet style)
- If half board: 4 x 3-course dinner
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- 7-day Service Hotline
- Well-planned route guidance
- Detailed travel documents
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Travel by car or train to Salzburg. Nearest airports: Salzburg or Munich.
- Parking in Salzburg: at about 9 € per day (hotel parking place; no reservation possible and necessary). Always to be paid on spot.
- Transfer with our bike bus from Passau to Salzburg is available daily with departure approx. 2 pm, own bikes will also be transported. Price: 69 € per person. Transfer can be used at the start of the tour, too (a public parking garage in Passau is possible at a rate of 5 € per day). Special transfers available on request with at least 4 participants.
- Please note: Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.