In Krimml you find the largest European waterfall. On a well-designed trail you can admire this natural spectacle. Your bikes will be available at the booked accommodation.
You start your cycle trip having fantastic views to the mountain “Großvenediger”, which is snow-covered even during summer month. Passing the “Obersulzbachtal” you will soon reach your today´s destination. In Mittersill you should schedule some time to visit the museum “Nationparkwelten”.
Your tour goes through the „Nationalpark Hohe Tauern“ and „Oberpinzgau“. On this trail you will have a fabulous backdrop with lush green meadows and small villages. The landscape will remind you on some fairy-tales! In Kaprun you can visit the “Hochgebirgsstauseen” (high-mountain reservoir).
The Zeller lake invites for a refreshment, and the sportive cyclers can add an extra round. You will cycle through “Maria Alm” with its famous pilgrimage church and soon reach Saalfelden.
On your way to Lofer you will be impressed by the unspoilt nature. You will get a view of the “Steinernes Meer” and you will be entirely surrounded by mountains, which steeply ascend. It looks like something out of Middle Earth. Take time to visit the Seisenbergklamm as well as the Lamprechtshöhlen (caves) before you reach Lofer.
Today will lead you mostly through the Saalachtal. Bad Reichenhall in the “small German angle” will enchant you with Bavarian flair. Sure there is some time for a stroll through this charming city, and also maybe to relax in the thermal water of the local Rupertus Spa.
Only a short distance and you will have reached Salzburg, the city of Mozart. The cultural offer will embrace you. You should allow yourself enough extra time for a stroll trough the city and a visit to Mozart´s birth house.
In Salzburg there´s a lot to discover. We would be appreciated to book an extension of your trip.
The Tauern bike path is continuously and detailed signposted. The route leads through quiet and paved paths and country roads. Partly you will have to cycle on more travelled routes. A few short stages you have to manage on unpaved paths. The quality of the trail can be described broadly as very good. An ascending slope is hardly present in this variant and therefore the cycling tour is also suitable for families with children.
Category: Carefully chosen hotels **** (1-2 times also *** possible)
- Overnight stays in the mentioned category
- Breakfast (buffet style)
- If half board: 7x 3-course dinner
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- 7-day Service Hotline
- Well-planned route guidance
- Detailed travel documents
- Rental bike insurance
- Entrance ticket to waterfalls Krimml
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Travel by car or train to Krimml. Nearest airports: Salzburg, Innsbruck or Munich.
- Public parking (unguarded) is available at a fee of 5 € per day (in walking distance to your start hotels); no reservation possible or required.
- Transfer with our bike bus from Salzburg to Krimml is available daily with departure approx. 4 pm, own bikes will also be transported. Price: 58 € per person. Special transfers available on request with at least 4 participants.
Please note: Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.