In the morning, you will take the train to Gmunden. The beautiful lake resort invites you for a walk. We recommend visiting Orth castle and the ceramic chimes in the town hall's tower. On the bike path, you will cycle along the river Traun to Ebensee. Then you will continue further along the Traun until you soon arrive in Bad Ischl. The former imperial city attracts visitors with its Imperial Park, Imperial Villa and Sissi's teahouse. From here there are only a few more kilometres until you will be back at your hotel.
The day will start with a transfer to Gosau. From there, you will be able to ride your bike to lake Vorderen Gosausee. From there you will have a marvellous view. On your way back, you will cycle along the river Gosaubach to Lake Hallstatt and then further along the river Traun back to Bad Goisern.
First, you will ride your bike along the river Traun to Bad Ischl. The river Ischler Ache flows to Lake Wolfgangsee and then further on to St. Wolfgang. If you have time, you should not only visit the White Horse Inn and the church, but you should also go up the Schafberg mountain by taking the rack railway! A short ferry ride will take you to the other side of the lake and the bike path will take you via lake Nussensee and back to the hotel.
Today, there is plenty of time to explore the World Heritage area around Lake Hallstatt. Magnificent nature and the oldest salt mine in the world, the Dachstein Ice Caves, or a relaxing boat trip – there is something for everyone! During this tour, you will always cycle along the lake's edge and all of the attractions are close to the route.
The train will take you to Bad Aussee. You will have the opportunity to take a trip to the Grundlsee and Toplitzsee lakes. Lake Altausseer See is located on the way to the valley Rettenbachtal, which leads to Bad Ischl. Make sure you try the famous pastry Zaunerstollen (included in the tour price) at Cafè Zauner. Even Emperor Franz Josef enjoyed these delicious pastries! After cycling a few more kilometres, you will get back to Bad Goisern.
The daily stages are mostly easy to ride and you will also be able to cycleupsome smaller climbs and one longer ascentwithout any difficulties. You will find yourself partly on bike paths andonside roads with little traffic. Only a few kilometreshave to be cycled on roads with more traffic.
- Accommodation in Hotel Goiserermühle ****
- Breakfast buffet
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (GE, EN, FR with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Bus transfer to Gosau incl. bike
- Train journeys Bad Goisern to Gmunden, Bad Goisern to Bad Aussee and Bad Aussee to Bad Goisern incl. bike
- 1 x Zaunerstollen pastry and coffee per person at the famous Cafe Zauner
- Introductory cooking class with the chef (GE, EN)
- Free use of the spa area
- Free admission to the public outdoor swimming pool
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Bad Goisern train station
- Salzburg airport
- Free parking or hotel carport for €20 per week no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry tickets from St. Wolfgang to Abersee not incl. € 4 / person incl. bike
Hotel Goiserer Mühle
The special charm of this family-run hotel with an award-winning gourmet cuisine lies in the unique combination of tradition and modernity.