Arrival in Maishofen
Your remaining travel documents and your rental bikes (if booked) are waiting in your hotel for you.
Today, you will cycle past Castle Prielau to the lake's shore. There, you will continue along the shoreline to Zell am See, which has a beautiful old town centre (pedestrian zone, historic parish church). You then continue to the Schüttdorf moor. You will return along the other side of the lake where you will get stunning views of the mountain city and the mountain Schmittenhöhe from.
You will take the Krimml train from Zell am See (excl. bicycle ticket, approx. €2.50/bike) up into the Oberpinzgau region to the Krimml waterfalls (highest waterfall in Europe). On your way back you will cycle steadily downhill over the national park towns Hollerbach (herbal village), Stuhlfelden (Castle Liechtenau, Castle Habach) and Mittersill (national park museum, castle). The route can be shortened by train at any time if you want.
Option for a guided hiking tour (minimum of 4 participants) onto one of Maishofen’s mountains with a view. Alternatively, a short hiking tour (approx. 1 hour) onto the ‘Schwalbenwand’ to the alp ‘Kammer-Eck-Alm’ enjoying a traditional lunch there. Or a local circular bike tour (approx. 15 km) as part of the unique ‘Radgolf’ (bicycle golf) in Maishofen.
On the fourth day you will cycle through the small moor bath Neunbrünnen to the riverbanks of the Saalach River and further to the Leogang Ache. The mine will set you back to times long past. Here, the silver ore for the famous Salzburg silver coins was reduced. The richest mineral deposit in Salzburg holds 70 partly very rare kinds of minerals, which can be admired in the mineral cabinet. After your daytrip, you will return back to your hotel through lush meadows and on beautifully landscaped paths.
Today simply enjoy the facilities of your hotel to the fullest. Or do you fancy heading for the mountains? Austria’s highest mountain is very close by and just the journey up Mount Großglockner truly is an experience (also possible by public transport). We also recommend a trip into the nearby city of Salzburg (approx. 85 km) – with your ‘Salzburg Card’, which is part of your holiday, lots of sights are included and free of charge.
Today you will cycle through a small rural hamlet, first to Maria Alm and then to Saalfelden. From there, you will continue along the river Saalach to Weißbach to the Seisenbergklamm gorge. In 1831, woodcutters constructed a 600 metres long way on which now visitors can explore the gorge. Later, you will cycle back to your hotel past Lake Ritzensee and through the Kolling woods.
Departure or extension
You will cycle on almost completely flat routes in the Salzach and Saalach river valleys. Only when the bike path leaves the river bank does the terrain get slightly hilly. You will mainly find yourself on paved bike paths and quiet side streets. Only very short sections will be cycled on roads with more traffic.
| Season 1 |
25.04.2020 - 08.05.2020
26.09.2020 - 10.10.2020
| Season 2 |
09.05.2020 - 19.06.2020
05.09.2020 - 25.09.2020
| Season 3 |
20.06.2020 - 04.09.2020
|Panoramic tour - based in one hotel, 8 days, at Tauern-Radweg, AT-ZERMA-08SK|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||69.00||69.00||69.00|
- Accommodation in Hotel Schloss Kammer
- Breakfast buffet
- 6 x half board (3-course menu), 1x Pinzgauer Kasnockenpfanne meal as part of half board
- Welcome briefing
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Welcome drink
- Brandy tasting in the historic cellar of the castle
- Hearty snack at the Kammer-Eck mountain cabin (bread with bacon and a glass of cider)
- Salzburger Land Card with more than 190 free or discounted admissions for different attractions, train journey from Zell am See – Krimml excl. your bike
- Free admission to the public swimming area Maishofen/Lake Zellersee
- A guided hike (minimum of 4 people)
- Free Maishofen bicycle golf, incl. map, scorecard, and golf clubs
- Use of all hotel offers (swimming pond, sauna, stone bath,…)
- 1x voucher for the solarium
- 1x voucher for the infrared cabin
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Zell am See train station
- Salzburg airport
- Free parking at the hotel
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!