Arrival in Radstadt
Individual arrival, handing out of rental bikes and travel documents.
Take time for a short walk in Radstadt “the old city in the mountains”.
Follow the still narrow Enns to Styria and marvel at the breathtaking Dachstein south wall, before you arrive in the ski world cup town Schladming. After a short climp in the loose valley you arrive in Gröbming.
You cycle comfortable through the broad valley. From a distance the edged mountain-prongs of the mountain range Gesäuse salutes. In Admont you have the possibility to visit the biggest monastery library of the world.
It becomes close. The Enns flows with the skittish “Gesäuse” through the national park. The canyon (20 km) is one of the most phenomenal Austrian nature spectacles.
Afterwards you cycle via Weng and Buchauer Sattle to St Gallen.
The impressive castle Gallenstein retires you to upper Austria. The amazing forested mountains configure the Kalkalpen national park. Endangered species, like lynx and eagles are native here.
In the years the Enns was a concernment for the iron trade. With brails they shiped the raw ore the craftsman for knifes and so called Feitel (a spezial clasp knife). There are a lot of museums which makes this come alive.
Because of the confluence with the river Steyr the Enns sedate to a handsome stream, which pass sedately the same-named town. Enns is own of the oldest towns in Austria, which was still settled by the Celts and Romans. The museum Lauriacum represent this era. Along the Danube bike path to Linz, provincial capital of Upper Austria.
You have to manage some (partly steep) ascents. On some parts of the route you have to bike on streets with more traffic. The bike tour is medium-heavy. With normal fitness, this trip will be no problem and we guarantee a unique bike-experience.
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast (buffet style)
- Half board if booked, at least 3 course meal
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- 1x ferry ride Enns - Mauthausen incl. bike
- Detailed travel documents
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- There is a parking space in Radstadt at the hotel, apporx. € 7 / day, in Linz it is upon request, or public unguarded parking bay near the hotel
- Train ride from Enns/Linz bookable; € 39,- per person (bikes are not included), reservation necessary, payable in advance
- Park possibilities Linz in public underground parking in the railway station, approx. €36 per week, prereservation in own direction with travel documents inevitably