Enns Cycle Path
From Radstadt to Enns in 6 days
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Radstadt
Individual arrival, handing out of rental bikes and travel documents.
Take time for a short walk in Radstadt “the old city in the mountains”.
Quickly you will leave the Salzburger Land and cycle plane through the widely Styrian Ennstal Valley. Passing the ski world cup town Schladming you can see the mountain Dachstein.
Passing Liezen you still can see from a distance the pale chalk mountains of national park Gesäuse. Shortly after Admont you will arrive to the entrée of the narrow canyon, where the river Enns flows with the skittisch “Gesäuse” through.
You leave Styria to the mountains Reichraminger Hintergebirge in Kalkalpen national park. Because of a ascent of 13 km length you can choose a transfer (for a fee, payable on spot).
You cycle along the iron trail in Upper Austria slightly hilly passing numerous museums. You achieve the town Steyr, which is assosciated with the history of ironworking.
You have to manage some (partly steep) ascents. On some parts of the route you have to bike on streets with more traffic. The trip is with longer stages and some steeps more suitable for sportive cyclists.
Accommodation in 3*** - hotels and guest houses
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast (buffet style)
- Half board if booked, at least 3 course meal
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Detailed travel documents
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- There is a parking space in Radstadt at the hotel, apporx. € 7 / day, in Linz it is upon request, or public unguarded parking bay near the hotel
- Train ride from Enns/Linz bookable; € 39 per person (bikes are not included), reservation necessary, payable in advance
- Park possibilities Linz in public underground parking in the railway station, approx. €36 per week, prereservation in own direction with travel documents inevitably