It is recommended to arrive early because Melk has much to offer. The well-known abbey is one of the biggest all over the world. Take enough time for a comprehensive visit. The rental bikes will be stored at your hotel.
As soon as you leave Melk you get into the picturesque Wachau region, where you can enjoy the charming atmosphere of the region’s typical orchards and vineyards. You pass through the little wine towns of Spitz and Weißenkirchen, cycle past the Dürnstein castle ruin, and finish your journey in the 1000-year old town of Krems. A stay in the Wachau region means that you simply have to take part in a wine tasting which we included in your package.
Today you cycle to the Roman town of Tulln. There you can enjoy the silence and culture of the rural region over again. Sight to visit: Egon-Schiele-museum.
The final kilometers of your bike tour are a relaxed trip to the Danube metropolis of Vienna. As soon as you arrive you can occupy your room and then enjoy all the amenities of the city for the rest of the day. Enjoy a cup of coffee and the typical Vienna cake „Sachertorte“ in one of the numerous coffee houses or treat yourself to a roundtrip with the horse-drawn cab „Fiaker“. Walk along Vienna’s famous shopping street (along Mariahilfer Straße), or visit the St Stephen’s Cathedral.
If you are interested in we would be pleased to book some extra nights for you. Otherwise your departure takes place after breakfast.
Flat or slightly downhill along the Danube; well-built cycling path almost all the way without motor vehicles; Only very short sections of this route run on minor roads - the Danube cycle path is a perfect example of a cycle route.
Category: Hotels 4*
- Overnight stays in the mentioned category
- Breakfast buffet
- If half-board is booked: 3x 3-course dinner (in Vienna B&B only)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels (no limit in pieces per person)
- Service-hotline for the duration of the tour
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information
- Rental bike insurance
- 1 wine tasting in the wachau valley
- GPS Tracks available
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by car or train to Melk. Next airport: Vienna.
- There are public parking spaces and hotel parking places in limited number available. You will receive detailed information with your travel documents.
- There are excellent train connections between Vienna and Melk available.
- Please note: Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.