We advise an early arrival to Linz. Especially with children it is recommended to experience the Fairytale World at the famous Pöstlingberg. The Cave Railway is the major tourist attraction of Upper Austria´s capitol. It was installed in 1906 in one of the seven Medieval hilltop Towers that once were part of a mighty fortification.
Start your trip and cycle through the river wetlands to the mouth of the river Enns. Take time to visit the oldest city of Austria before you reach with Mitterkirchen your today´s destination. You will be accommodated at an original farm where children have the possibility to help feeding the animals. Additionally, a Celtic village will give you impressions about former times.
Today you cycle through the rich planes of the Machland area and enter the wild Strudengau-valley with its dreamy little towns and villages. On the way to your destination „Nibelungengau area“, you cycle through lush forests in untouched nature.
This stage firstly takes you to Melk with its world´s biggest Baroque abbey. Subsequently you pass winegrowing villages, old fortified churches and ancient castles of the Wachau region. In Dürnstein you will board a river boat to Krems, well known as the capitol of the Wachau. You will stay there two nights in a wonderful hotel with pool and spa.
Rest day at Krems
You will have plenty of different possibilities to spend this day. You can hike around the beautiful wine growing region, take a boat turn, or simply spend the day in the hotel. Your children will have fun in the pool while you have time to taste some different wines in the shadow of the hotel garden.
Take time to visit the 1000 year old capitol of the Wachau. Today`s bike trip leads you through the region „Donauauen“, until you finally reach Tulln, which is also known as „city of flowers“. It is worth to visit the Egon-Schiele-museum.
Today you pass Greifenstein and Klosterneuburg. Your tour ends in the Danube metropolis of Vienna. Don’t forget to visit the “Würstelprater”, the vibrant entertainment area of Vienna’s Prater and experience its positive mood. We have included a ride with the well-known and famous Ferris wheel.
Your bike tour finishes after breakfast. Vienna has a lot of attractions. We would be pleased to book some additional nights for you.
Flat or slightly downhill along the Danube; well-built cycling path almost all the way without motor vehicles; only very short sections of this route run on minor roads - with the chosen short distances especially for families with children designed.
Accommodation: Carefully selected hotels 3/4* and one night at an original farm (but in rooms with own shower and toilet)
- Overnight stays in above mentioned category
- Breakfast buffet
- If half-board is booked: 6x dinner (in Vienna B&B only)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Service-hotline for the duration of the tour
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information with route description and card material
- Ticket for the Ferris wheel in Vienna
- Boat ticket from Dürnstein to Krems including bike
- Surprise for the children
- Personal tour information on spot
- Ticket for Pöstlingbergbahn
- Ticket for Grottenbahn
- Rental bike insurance
- GPS Tracks available on request
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by car or train to Linz. Next airports: Linz, Vienna, or Munich.
- Hotel parking garage; no reservation possible and necessary, payable on spot; Price: approx. 18 € / day;
- Please note: Where visitor´s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price.