Through South Holland, MS Sir Winston
Southern Holland by bike & boat
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Amsterdam
n Amsterdam you check in on board (embarkation is at 3 pm). In the afternoon and in the evening you have the opportunity to get to know the city of Am-sterdam.
You are starting your roundtrip by bike:crossing polderland you cycle via Westzaan to “De School-meester”, a paper mill which is maintained in full working order. It is the only wind powered paper mill in the world.From hereyou are cycling to the muse-um’s village “Zaanse Schans”, an open-air museum (entrance fee not included) which was built to show the Dutch historical heritage. You can visit an an-cient Dutch village, a cheese manufacture, a shipyard, a Dutch wooden shoe manufacture, amuseum of bakery, the Zaanse watch museum and the unique colour mill, De Kat. Connected with the exhibition terrain is the Zaans museum, which gives an insight into the development of the “Zaanstreeks” as the first industrial area. Products like mustard, cheese, pastries, etc. are produced there and can be bought.You are cycling back to Zaandamthrough the recreational area of Twiske.Around 5 pm shipping to Utrecht.
From Utrecht, cycle leisurely to the city of Gouda, which is famous for its cheese. You may take a de-tour to Kasteel de Haar, the largest castle of the Netherlands with its beautiful garden or you may take a refreshing bath in the lake Reeuwijkse Plassen.Tip:During the tulip-flowering season (departures 28 Mar-02 May) we offer an optional day excursion to Keukenhof by coach, transfers and entrance fee included (€ 59.-per person, only bookable in advance).
Prior to breakfast, MS SIR WINSTON leaves Gouda for Rotterdam. Here you have twooptions forto-day’s cyclingtour:First onewill leadyou toDelft (Tip:visit of the porcelain manufacture), seconddirect-ly to the governmental seat Den Haag and to the North Sea coastal town and health resort Scheve-ningen and back. Alternatively, you can also go back to Rotterdam by train (rail and bike is not included, approx. € 15,-p. Pers, not in rush hour between 16:30h and 18:00 h).Tip:you should experience the harbour of Rotterdam on an interesting harbour tour.
You are cycling from Rotterdam to Kinderdijk (UNESCO World’s Cultural Heritage with 19 windmills in a row) and further to Schoonhoven, known for its silver-making and its enchanting old-town.
Today you are cycling through the beautiful landscape of Polderland to Oudewater (witch’s scales) and further on to Utrecht. The Utrecht Dome is one of the most important ones in the Netherlands.
Your cycle tour takes you along the small and winding river Vechtthrough beautiful landscapes. The river Vecht is also known as the “Loire of the Netherlands”. Numerous castles and villas will be seen beside the river.Tip: a canal tour is the most beautiful way to get to know the city of Amsterdam.
After breakfast checkout until 9:00amand we are saying goodbye –have a safe journey home.
You cycle daily about 25 to 45 km. Nearly all routes are easy to cycle. You cycle on asphalted and signposted bike paths.
- Program according to itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnights in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: breakfast buffet, small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, coffee and tea in the afternoon, 3-course dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book for self-guided trips per cabin
- Tour guidance on board
- Rental bike insurance
Services extra nights Volendam (Hotel Van der Valk)
- Overnight stay with 1x breakfast
- 2x bus ticket to Amsterdam and back
- Car park during your cruise
- Visitor's tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Amsterdam train station is close to the pier
- Oosterdok car park: secure car park at the train station, about €20 per day. Reservation possible by yourself
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on arrival day, car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price €150 per week (application form in the travel documents)
Number of participants
- Minimum of 40 people until 21 days before arrival
- Program and details are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this is no reason for a free cancellation).
- Diet: (i.e.: lactose free, gluten free) possible on request and for an extra charge. Must be booked at least 14 days prior to departure.
Day trip Keukenhof (approx. 9 am - 6 pm)
- Dates: Monday March: 30, April: 06/13/20/27, May: 04
- Minimum number of participants: 20 (max. 30)
- Price per person: €59
- Including bus from/to boat, entry Keukenhof (approx. 7 hours free time)
MS Sir Winston
Experience a diversified bicycle- and shiptour through the south of Netherlands. The MS Sir Winston, on which you travel, is confortable and with a personally atmosphere.