Saarburg - Coblenz, MS Patria
Moselle and Saar by bike & boat
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Saarburg
Embarkation between 4 and 5 p.m. You will spend the first night and evening in Saarburg. In its centre you will find a waterfall of 20 meters deep as well as many baroque buildings and fisher houses.
Today you will cycle from Saarburg along the idyllic nature reserve of the abandoned meander of the River Saar. Further on to Wasserbillig in Luxemburg and from here to the Igeler Säule. Later you will reach Trier, where MS PATRIA is already waiting for you.
After breakfast you will cycle via Pfalzel to Mehring, the largest winegrowers’ community in the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region.
Today you will reach Bernkastel-Kues by bike. The market place from the Middle Ages with many wood timbered houses invites you for a rest. On your way you visit Neumagen-Dhron which is the oldest wine city of Germany. Further on you reach Piesport, the oldest wine growing community along the Moselle. You should take the time to enjoy the popular wines.
Today’s bike tour brings you to romantic Traben-Trarbach, where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. Continuing to Zell, well known wine village on the Mosel. In the evening you will have the chance to visit a local winegrowers place and enjoy a wine tasting with the famous Moselle wines (optional, bookable on board).
The perfect maintained historical centre of Beilstein, “the Sleeping Beauty of the Mosel”, is waiting for you. Today’s tour ends in Cochem with the Reichsburg. Cochem is a lovely little town with historical half-timbered-houses and a picturesque Old town.
Today you can spend the day on board and relax on the sundeck. Enjoy the beautiful Moselle landscape passing by and stroll along the “Deutsche Eck” in Koblenz in the afternoon, where Moselle and Rhine flow together. Experienced cyclist can cycle from Cochem to Koblenz and visit Burg Eltz.
Disembarkation after breakfast until 9:00 a.m. Individual journey home.
You cycle along good quality bike paths. The Moselle cycle path runs along tarmac roads that are in a good condition and there are not any noteworthy climbs. This means that this tour is suitable for those who are not trained.
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Saarburg's main station is about 1 km from the pier
- Parking in Saarburg: street parking spaces near the landing stage cost about €25 per week, no reservation possible
- Return journey to Saarburg: By train it takes about 2 hours and costs about €24 (bookable there) or by minibus if you are at least 4 people for €75 per person. Transfer of your own bike costs €15 per bike. Limited space available, a reservation when booking the tour is necessary, payable there.
Number of participants:
Minimum of 40 people
This tour has 1 more variation
Enjoy the comfort on the swimming hotel - the MS Patria. You cycle along the great rivers Moselle and Saar.