Arrival in Prague
Individual arrival in Prague. Embarkation from 4 pm. After dinner, you should take a stroll over the Charles Bridge, particularly beautiful in the dark, and enjoy the stunning view of the illuminated Prague Castel.
You will be handed out your bike and start for your first cycle tour. You will cycle along the Vltava River via Troja (Baroque castle – National Art Gallery) to the village of Klecánky and then over the tread of the Vltava via Drasty, Vodochody back to the river bank to today`s destination Kralupy. Arrival of the ship at around 5 pm.
After breakfast, around 9 am, we will take out the bike again. You will cycle – almost always along the Vltava River – to Nelahozeves. You can visit the birth house of Antonin Dvořák and one of the most famous Renaissance castles of Bohemia, also known as the “little Louvre of Czechia”. The tour takes you through the Veltrusý Park, with numerous sculptures and gazebos in an extensive terrain, up to the royal town of Mělník. Around about 1.30 pm, return back to the ship and enjoy the boat trip on the Elbe River to Litoměřice.
A day at leisure. Discover one of the most beautiful Czech towns, the royal town of Litoměřice. The colourful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque buildings in the town centre, which for the most part is encircled by well-preserved Gothic fortifications, will enchant you. Well-worth seeing: Baroque Cathedral of St Stephen atop the dome hill, the historic underground (extensive tunnel system) or the Bishop’s residence. You might also be interested in an individual visit to the Terezín Memorial (Theresienstadt) in the village of Terezìn. The concentration camp memorial is located only 5 km away. The more advanced cyclists may feel to cycle to Ustí - idyllically situated in the narrow valley of the Elbe river – You will come by the Bohemian Gate and by the old castle ruin Schreckenstein. The MS FLORENTINA will moor overnight in Litoměřice.ce.
Early in the morning, the ship will take you to Roudnice. Your cycle tour starts at around 09:00 am. Almost always alongside the Elbe, via Dobřín, Račice and Vliněves, you cycle back again to the lovely village of Mělník. Enjoy the splendid panoramic view of the confluence of the Vlatwa and Elbe River from the top of the castle hill. You continue cycling to today’s destination Mlčechvosty. Arrival of the ship at around 4:30 pm.
Today you can go for a last bike tour via Nelahozeves, Kralupy, Vodochody, Drasty and Klecánky to Prague or you relax on the sun deck. You will arrive at Prage at ca. 3:30 pm. The rest of the day is reserved for Prague.
Today you have enough time to discover the right bank of the Vltava River, the highlights of the Old Town, the New Town and the Jewish Quarter. Or just meander along the streets or watch the lively goings-on sitting in one of the cafes on the Old Town Square. There are countless possibilities! In case you feel like cycling, make a tour upstream along Vltava River to Zbraslav and back. A trip to Vyṧehrad Castle is worthwile. It was built, probably in the 10th century, on a hill over the Vltava River. Local legend holds that Vyṧehrad was the location of the first settlement which later became Prague.
Departure from Prague
After breakfast, till 09:30am disembarkation and individual departure.
You will cycle between 25 and 45km each day. All of the distances are approximations for the indicated cycle tours. The cycle tour is suitable for people with an average level of fitness. You will cycle on paved or asphalted cycle paths, on very quiet agricultural roads as well as on tracks leading through forests or fields. There will also be short sections along busier roads. The terrain is mostly flat, though there are some slopes to cope with.
- Seven nights in outside cabins, shower/WC in the booked cabin category
- Programme accordingto itinerary from/to Brandys nad Labem
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning, Change of bedding and towels
- Full board consisting of 7xbreakfast buffet, 6x lunch snackon board (non cyclists)or lunch package for cycle tours, 6x coffee or tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course dinner)
- Daily briefing for the cycling tours
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily individual bike tours (1 per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- Tour guide on board
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- One option could be Garage Spanelska, near Wenceslas Square, CZK 440, - (approx. € 18,- per day) onwards (price is based upon capacity), about 4.5 km from the mooring place (booking via internet https://www.mrparkit.com/en). From there, take the metro from the station Muzeum to the station Staroměstská, or take a taxi (only with licensed companies) to the mooring place (ca. € 19,-). Another option would be the car park of Rudolfinum near the mooring place, about € 26, - per day, about 15 minutes’ walk away
Number of participants:
Minimum of 70 people until 21 days before arrival
- Alterations of schedule or programme: subject to change. In the event of low or high water or adverse weather conditions meaning that a route cannot be taken, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this would not be a reason for fee-free cancellation).
- For safety reasons, sun deck access may be limited in times of high water levels/low bridge clearance.
- Bicycles may sometimes be stored ashore overnight if bike transport on the ship is not possible due to low bridge clearance.
- Please note for when planning your cycle tours that due to there being numerous locks, the ship will always be slower than a cyclist.
- Special dietary needs: (e.g. lactose-free and gluten-free diet) on reques. There will be an extra fee. Please inform us at least 14 days prior to departure. If necessary, some special dietary products must be brought along yourself.
Enjoy picturesque villages and romantic castles in the Czech Republic on your bicycle- and shiptour. On board of the MS Florentina you drive on the Moldau and Elbe.