Prague - Moldova & Elbe, MS Florentina
Prague, Moldau & Elbe by bike & boat
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- self guided
Individual arrival in Prague. Embarkation from 5pm onwards. After dinner, take a stroll over the Charles Bridge, which is particularly beautiful in the dark. Enjoy the stunning view of the illuminated Prague Castle.
In the morning, there will be an optional guided walk to discover the right bank of the Vltava River, the highlights of the Old Town, the New Town and the Jewish Quarter (duration approx. 2 hours). After returning to the ship, you will be given your bike and at around 11:30 am you can start your first bike ride on this tour.
You will cycle along the Vltava River via Troja (Baroque castle – National Art Gallery) to the village of Klecánky and then over the bank of the Vltava via Drasty, Vodochody and then back to the river bank to today`s destination, Kralupy. The ship will arrive there at around 5 pm.
You continue cycling again today after breakfast. You will cycle – almost continuously along the Vltava River – to Nelahozeves. Visit the birth house of Antonin Dvořák and one of the most famous Renaissance castles of Bohemia, also known as the “little Louvre of Czechia”.
The tour takes you past the Veltrusý Park where there are numerous sculptures and gazebos in an extensive terrain and up to the royal town of Mělník. At about 1.30pm, you return back to the ship and enjoy the boat trip on the Elbe River to Litoměřice.
A day to leisurely do what you want. On a guided walk (optional), you will have the possibility to discover one of the most beautiful Czech towns, the royal town of Litoměřice. The colourful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque buildings in the town centre, which for the most part is encircled by well-preserved Gothic fortifications, will enchant you. Well-worth seeing: Baroque Cathedral of St Stephen atop the dome hill, the historic underground (extensive tunnel system) or the Bishop’s residence. You might also be interested in a visit to the Terezín Memorial (Theresienstadt) in the village of Terezìn. The concentration camp memorial is located only 5km away. The more advanced cyclists may wish to cycle to Ustí - idyllically situated in the narrow valley of the Elbe river. You will pass the Bohemian Gate and the old castle ruin Schreckenstein. The MS FLORENTINA will moor overnight in Litoměřice.
Early in the morning, the ship will move on to Roudnice. Your cycle tour starts at about 9am. You almost always cycle along the Elbe, via Dobřín, Račice and Vliněves and then you cycle back again to the lovely village of Mělník. On a guided walk (optional), enjoy the splendid panoramic view of the confluence of the Vlatwa and Elbe River from the top of the castle hill. Afterwards, have coffee and cake in the castle patisserie. You continue cycling to today’s destination Mlčechvosty. The ship will arrive at about 4.30pm.
Today you can go for a last bike tour via Nelahozeves, Kralupy, Chvatěruby, Vodochody, Drasty and Klecánky to Prague or if have done enough cycling you can relax on the sun deck. You will arrive in Prague at about 3.30pm. The rest of the day is reserved for exploring Prague.
Visit Prague Castle with the Golden Lane, the Powder Tower and simply wander along the streets or watch the lively goings-on sitting in one of the cafes on the Old Town Square. There are countless possibilities! If you feel like cycling, you can ride upstream along the Vltava River to Zbraslav and back. A trip to Vyṧehrad Castle is worthwile. It was built, probably in the 10th century, on a hill over the Vltava River. Local legend states that Vyṧehrad was the location of the first settlement, which later became Prague.
After breakfast, please disembark by 9.30am and then travel home as arranged by you.
You will cycle between 25 and 45km each day. All of the distances are approximations for the indicated cycle tours. The cycle tour is suitable for people with an average level of fitness. You will cycle on paved or asphalted cycle paths, on very quiet agricultural roads as well as on tracks leading through forests or fields. There will also be short sections along busier roads. The terrain is mostly flat, though there are some slopes to cope with.
- 7 nights staying in an outside cabin with en-suite shower and WC facilities in the booked category
- Programme according to itinerary from/to Prague
- Full board (breakfast buffet, packed lunch for cycle tours or afternoon snack, coffee and cake in the afternoon, three course dinner)
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Change of bedding and towels - if desired
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Daily briefing for the respective cycle tour
- 1 set of maps and information per cabin
- Tour representative on board
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Spanelska garage close to Wenceslas Square costs approx. €9 per day. It is about 4.5 km from the pier. You need to reserve this. From there, take the metro or a taxi to the pier (approx. €12).
- Rudolfinum park garage is within walking distance and costs approx. € 25 per day. No reservation possible.
Number of participants
Minimum of 45 people
- Alterations of schedule or programme: subject to change. In the event of low or high water or adverse weather conditions meaning that a route cannot be taken, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this would not be a reason for fee-free cancellation).
- For safety reasons, sun deck access may be limited in times of high water levels/low bridge clearance.
- Bicycles may sometimes be stored ashore overnight if bike transport on the ship is not possible due to low bridge clearance.
- Please note for when planning your cycle tours that due to there being numerous locks, the ship will always be slower than a cyclist.
- Special dietary needs: (e.g. lactose-free and gluten-free diet) on reques. There will be an extra fee. Please inform us at least 14 days prior to departure. If necessary, some special dietary products must be brought along yourself.
Bike & Barge MS Florentina
Enjoy picturesque villages and romantic castles in the Czech Republic on your bicycle- and shiptour. On board of the MS Florentina you drive on the Moldau and Elbe.