Prague - Moldova & Elbe, MS Florentina
With Bike and Barge from Brandýs nad Labemand back
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- self guided
Individual arrival inBrandýs nad Labem. Embarkation from 4pm. Approx. 3pm there will be aground transfer service(no bikes)at the airport viamain station, which takes you directly to the ship(Transfer duration approx. 75 minutes).
From the bustling town of Brandys nadLabem with its magnificent castle you cycle to the beautiful Elbe town of Nymburk. The magnificent city fortification was partly rebuilt at the beginning of the last century. The Elbe bridge, built in 1912, spans the river against the picturesque backdropof a small town. On a tour through the old town, the former royal town inspires you with a multitude of interesting historical buildings and monuments.
Boat TourBrandýs –Mělník, Cycle Tour alongside the Vltava River fromMělník to Nelahozeves and backapprox. 52 km
In the early morning it is time to cast off! Aboard the MSFlorentinayou sail to the royal town ofMělník. Here you start for the Vltava-cycle tour to the Veltrusý Park, a vast landscape parkwith numerous sculptures and pavilions.Afterwards you cycle to the NelahozevesCastle,whichis among the most famous Renaissance castles of Bohemia and is also referred to as the “Little Louvre of the Czech Republic”. Tip: Visit thecastle and Antonin Dvořák`s birthplace. From here cycle back to the quaint town of Mělník.
This morning you have plenty of time to explore the lovely charming town of Mělníkwith its pastel-coloured façades. Tip:Visit the proud castle, which towers over the Elbe River offering a marvellous panoramic view over the confluence of the Vlatwa and Elbe rivers. From here, cycle almost always alongside the Elbe via Vliněves, Račice and Dobřín to Roudnice, today`s destination. At around 6 pm, the ship sails to Litoměřice.
A day at leisure. Discover one of the most beautiful Czech towns, the royal town of Litoměřice. The colourful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque buildings in the town centre, which for the most part is encircled by well-preserved Gothic fortifications, will enchant you. Well-worth seeing: Baroque Cathedral of St Stephen atop the dome hill, the historic underground (extensive tunnel system) or the Bishop’s residence. You might also be interested in an individual visit to the Terezín Memorial (Theresienstadt) inthe village of Terezìn. The concentration camp memorial is located only 5 km away. The more advanced cyclists may feel to cycle to Ustí -idyllically situated in the narrow valley of the Elbe river –You will come by the Bohemian Gate and by the old castle ruin of Schreckenstein. Overnight the MS FLORENTINA will be mooredin Litoměřice.
Boat Tour Litoměřice –Mělník –Brandys nad Labem, Cycle TourMělník –Brandýs nad Labemapprox. 30 km
In the morning sail once more to thequaint town of Mělník, perched on a hill overlookingthe confluenceof the Vltava and Elbe rivers.Today`s cycle tour leads partly alongside the untouched banks of the Elbe, though woods, quiet wetlands and small villages but also along quiet country roads to Brandýs nad Labem.
Today,the Golden City of Prague is on the agenda.After breakfast, there will be a bus transfer to Prague. Arrived, you willhave free time to explore the city individually. In the afternoonthe bustransfer will bring you back to the ship.
Disembarkation after breakfast, till 09:30am. At 8:00amthere will be a ground transfer service(no bikes)that will take you to from the ship to Prague main station and followingto the airport(Transfer duration approx. 75 minutes).
You will cycle between 25 and 45km each day. All of the distances are approximations for the indicated cycle tours. The cycle tour is suitable for people with an average level of fitness. You will cycle on paved or asphalted cycle paths, on very quiet agricultural roads as well as on tracks leading through forests or fields. There will also be short sections along busier roads. The terrain is mostly flat, though there are some slopes to cope with.
| Season 1 |
23.06.2020 | 30.06.2020 | 07.07.2020 | 14.07.2020 | 21.07.2020 | 28.07.2020 | 04.08.2020 | 11.08.2020 |
|Bike & Boat the River Elbe and Prague, the Golden City - MS Florentina - main deck, 8 days, CZ-MLSPP-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Discount 2-bed-cabin front/back||-130.00|
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||50%|
|Bike & Boat the River Elbe and Prague, the Golden City - Ms Florentina - upper deck, 8 days, CZ-MLSPP-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||50%|
|1-bed-cabin french balcony||300.00|
- Ground transfer service(no bikes)from Prague (airport andmain station) to the ship and back
- Seven nights in outside cabins, shower/WC in the booked cabin category
- Programme accordingto itinerary from/to Brandys nad Labem
- All port, bridge and lock fees
- Bus transfer service to Prague and back on day 7
- Welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning, Change of bedding and towels
- Full board consisting of 7xbreakfast buffet, 6x lunch snackon board (non cyclists)or lunch package for cycle tours, 6x coffee or tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course dinner)
- Daily briefing for the cycling tours
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily individual bike tours (1 per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- Tour guide on board
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Opposite the pier, Nabrezni street or Seifertova 1790 street, about 1.5 km from the pier. Price € 5,-per day is to be paid directly on board.
Number of participants
Minimum of 70 people until 21 days before arrival
- Alterations of schedule or programme: subject to change. In the event of low or high water or adverse weather conditions meaning that a route cannot be taken, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this would not be a reason for fee-free cancellation).
- For safety reasons, sun deck access may be limited in times of high water levels/low bridge clearance.
- Bicycles may sometimes be stored ashore overnight if bike transport on the ship is not possible due to low bridge clearance.
- Please note for when planning your cycle tours that due to there being numerous locks, the ship will always be slower than a cyclist.
- Special dietary needs: (e.g. lactose-free and gluten-free diet) on reques. There will be an extra fee. Please inform us at least 14 days prior to departure. If necessary, some special dietary products must be brought along yourself.
Enjoy picturesque villages and romantic castles in the Czech Republic on your bicycle- and shiptour. On board of the MS Florentina you drive on the Moldau and Elbe.