Northern Holland and Friesland, MS Serena
Through the province North Holland by bike & boat.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- self guided
Arrival in Amsterdam
Check-in on board in the afternoon. Embarkation at 3 pm. Maybe you will take some time forexploring the city of Amsterdam and a shopping tour. At 5:30pm MS SERENA will leave Amsterdam for Hoorn with its historical old part of town.
Hoorn is an ancient city in which you can still find many buildings dating back to the 17thcentury (e.g. the Regentur of Westfriesland – today a museum -, the town’s scales at the Rodesteen, the harbour tower as well as the storage houses at the old quai). Today you are cycling from Hoorn to Enkhuizen. Tip: you should visit the Zuiderzeemuseum.
Today you are shipping over the IJsselmeer to Lemmer. You are starting your roundtrip by bike: over the Oosterzee Buren to the Tjeukemeer, further to Munnekeburen, then around the Rottige Meente over Scherpenzel and Schoterzijl back to Lemmer with its historical old part of town and beautiful gable houses.
Tip: Optional visit of the largest still-functioning steam pumping station in the world, “Woudagemaal”.
You are going by bike to Sondeler Leien Lake, from there you are going through the woods of Rijsterbos past the Mokkebank (a birds’ reservation) to the Roode Klif at Stavoren. From there you are cruising to Oudeschild on Texel.
You are going on a round trip by bike on the biggest North Sea Island of the Netherlands – Texel. There are numerous routes you can choose ffrom. Tip: We also recommend you to visit the beer brewery of Texel. Around 6 pm shipping back to Den Helder.
In the morning you are cycling through the dunes to Alkmaar. It is possible for you to go on board the MS SERENA in St. Maartensvlotburg and cruise the rest of the way to Alkmaar. As an alternative, you can also start your bike tour in St. Maartensvlotburg.
In the morning you have the opportunity to visit the cheese market in Alkmaar(ca. Apr to Sep). At midday we are shipping to Wormerveer from where you shouldcycleto the open-airmuseum Zaanse Schans (wind-mills, ancient Dutch village, cheese factory, etc.). You are cycling through the recreational area Twiske to Amsterdam. Tip:In the afternoonyou shouldtake part in a “Grachtenrundfahrt” (shipping on the channels of Amsterdam in small boats).
After breakfast checkout until 9:00 amand we are saying goodbye – have a safe journey.
You cycle between 25 and 45 km each day. Nearly all routes are flat and easy to cycle along. You cycle on asphalted bike paths with routes that are signposted.
- Program according to tour itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: breakfast buffet, small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, coffee and tea in the afternoon, 3-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- GPS tracks
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book per cabin for self-guided trips
- Tour representative on board
- Amsterdam train station close to the pier
- Parking Oosterdok economy fare approx. € 20 for 24 h or Valet
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on the day you arrive. Car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price €150 per week (application form in the travel documents)
Number of participants:
- Minimum of 50 people until 21 days before arrival
Route MS SERENA 01.08.-08.08.2020
- 01.08.Arrival Amsterdam - boat tour Hoorn
- 02.08. Hoorn - Enkhuizen, approx. 20-25 km
- 03.08. Schifffahrt Enkhuizen - Lemmer, bike tour Lemmer, approx. 35-45 km
- 04.08. Lemmer - Stavoren approx. 35 km, Boat tour to Oudeschild (Insel Texel)
- 05.08. Insel Texel, 20/35/45/70 km (different routes available)
- 06.08. Insel Texel - Medemblik, approx. 70 km
- 07.08. Medemblik - Enkhuizen, approx. 30 km
- 08.08. Departure from Enkhuizen
Route MS SERENA 08.08.-15.08.2020
- 08.08.Arrival Enkhuizen
- 09.08. Bike tour Enkhuizen, approx. 30-35 km
- 10.08. Boat tour Enkhuizen-Lemmer, bike tour Lemmer, approx. 30-45 km
- 11.08. Lemmer-Stavoren approx. 35 km, boat tour Stavoren-Oudenschild (Insel Texel)
- 12.08. Insel Texel, (different bike routes available)
- 13.08. Insel Texel-Medemblik, approx. 70 km
- 14.08. Medemblik -Hoorn, approx. 25-35 km
- 15.08. Hoorn-Enkhuizen - Departure
Route MS SERENA 15.08.-22.08.
- 15.08. Arrival Enkhuizen
- 16.08. Enkhuizen. approx. 30-35 km
- 17.08. Boat tour Enkhuizen-Lemmer, bike tour Lemmer approx. 30-45 km
- 18.08. Lemmer - Stavoren, approx. 35 km, boat tour Stavoren - Oudeschild (Insel Texel)
- 19.08. Insel Texel, biek tour (different tours available) Boat tour Oudeschild - Den Helder
- 20.08. Den Helder - Alkmaar, approx. 25-55 km
- 21.08. Alkmaar - Amsterdam, approx. 30 km22.08. Departure from Amsterdam
Experience on this bicycle- and shiptour the Netherlandth northsea, Watten- and Ijsselmeer. On the MS Serena you pass the nights on the Netherlandth waters.